The Amazing Race 9

DaysnPassionsFan

• Members

Here they are:

The Amazing Race 9

Lake and Michelle Married Parents from Hattiesburg, Mississippi

Dani and Danielle Childhood Friends from Staten Island, New York

BJ and Tyler "Bohemian" Best Friends who are World Travelers and call no place home

Ray and Yolanda Who Are Dating. Ray is from Chicago, Illinois and Yolanda is from Gainesville, Florida

John and Scott Best Friends. John is from Boston, Massachusetts and Scott is from Cape Cod, Massachusetts

David and Lori Dating Couple from Manhattan, Kansas

Jeremy and Eric Best Friends from Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Fran and Barry Married for Over 40 Plus Years from Summit County, Colorado

Joni and Lisa Sisters. Joni lives in Katy, Texas and Lisa is from Santa Rosa Beach, Florida

Joseph and Monica Dating Couple from Fayetteville, Arkansas

Wanda and Desiree Mother and Daughter. Wanda lives in Smyrna, Georgia and Desiree resides in New York City

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks DaysPassionsFan. I swear I was just on the CBS site not that long ago hoping they'd reveal the teams. LOL.

Look like quirky teams, but of course, all of them look flawless, LOL. Except the "bohemian" dudes... lmao at them.

And woot! TWO Florida teams, LOL (well two and a half considering Lisa from one of the teams is from Fla too). Gotta root for them (at least for now... heh).

• Members

Not one, but TWO "older" teams this season :D lol, so they are my automatic favorites...

Joseph & Monica seem like they could either be a Kris & Jon/John Vito & Jill likable type or a Freddy & Kendra/Lori & Bolo bickery type :lol:

I've liked parent/child teams in the past (except for Patrick of TAR7's Susan & Patrick)... In fact some of my favorite teams of all time... Nancy & Emily (TAR1) and Jim & Marsha (TAR5)... are parent/child teams.

Its funny how everyone was speculating that John and Scott were gay... and the pictures make David & Lori "less-nerdy" and Dani & Danielle "less pretty" than in the preview :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The video interviews are now online at http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race9

Now I like all the teams again... I really like the mother/daughter Wanda & Desiree, they seem like a great team. "Married 40 Years" Fran & Barry seem really fit, I guess it was what they were wearing in the interview :D But they look like a strong team as well.

• Members

"The Amazing Race" Moves to a New Time Period on March 7 -- Tuesday, 10:00 PM -- After Its Two-Hour Premiere on Feb. 28

- From the Futon Critic.

CBS's new series "The Unit" will debut March 7th at 9PM, bumping the Race to it's new timeslot.

Eh, not sure how I feel about this. I watch nothing at 10PM but it's going up against modest performer Boston Legal, and ratings hit L&O: SVU. Could be interesting to see the ratings...

• Members

I think it will do okay for CBS. They've been having problems in that time slot and it makes good counter-programming. But, isn't this kinda late for a "family show"? What about the kids? LOL!

Looking forward to "The Unit." The previews look good and it has a great cast.

• Members

Hmm... the timeslot worked for TAR5 which is really the first season that people actually noticed TAR.

I guess they want to move TAR out of the way of Idol-House on Fox, but TAR really is a family show (with parental guidance of course :D ) Still, families are a big part of TAR's audience, with it being one of the only "reality shows" that the whole family can watch.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived