Unpopular Opinions on TV (Outside of Soaps)

MissLlanviewPA

• Members

LOST

- Huh, I kind of thought everyone disliked Kate, and I loved her just as much as Jack, Sawyer and others. So I guess it is an unpopular opinion. (Reply to one of the above posts.)

- Also, I loved the entire show. I didn't hate the ending.

Completely and totally agree on whoever said Seinfeld was boring. I do not see the universal appeal that everyone claims this show has. It is not funny or interesting, IMO.

Smallville

Loved both Lana and Lois equally. Never even tried to compare.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Although it used to bother me as a kid that Kevin & Winnie didn't get together at the end of The Wonder Years, it doesn't bother me at all now. Not everyone winds up with their first love--it would have rang false to have seen it on that show in particular.

I actually like the "Sand Castle" opening of Knots Landing. I think it's a nice change, and that version of the theme was particularly pretty to listen to.

• Members

Bewitched was hundred times better than I Dream Of Jeannie.

Samatha was smart and had funnier relatives while Jeannie was locked up in a bottle for thousands of years and when she did get out she had to say "Master" and was always screwing things up for Tony like making snow in Miami.

I miss tv westerns. The Magnificent Seven was short lived but never got the ratings. CBS brought it back by viewer demand only to take it off again. Ezra Standish was the fan favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmzBERI7JUA

• Members

Don't get the appeal of Ian Somerhalder or the character he plays.

Nikita isn't as smart as everyone thinks it is.

The only thing intresting about Gossip Girl was its promos, especially season 2's.

I'll never watch The New Girl or Don't Trust the Bitch In Apt. 23 because the main characters annoyed me in the promos.

Just because a show is a procedural doesn't make it worse than a show that is a serial drama.

Nathan Fillion seems more smarmy than charming to me.

Prefered Rory over Lorelai on Gilmore Girls. The latter annoyed the hell out of me most of the time.

While I didn't hate Luke and Lorelai, that was my least favorite pairing of hers.

I like The Epic Adventures of Bucket and Skinner better ICarly and Victorious.

It's time to get over the fact that My So Called Life, Firefly, and Freaks and Geeks were cancelled before their time.

The most enjoyable episodes of this season of How I Met Your Mother have been episodes that dealt with Ted's story. Not Robin or Barney's.

• Members

M.A.S.H was a great show in its first 4 years and got too preachy and sanctimonious when it became the Alan Alda hour. Harry Morgan was the best cast replacement on that show and I never saw the appeal of Klinger and Fr. Mulcahey as primary players on the show.

I Love Lucy and Mary Tyler Moore were the best sitcoms in all of television. Even today they are still fresh, funny,and relevant

Shonda Rhimes is a hack

Dollhouse was an overrated piece of women hating garbage

Sex and the city was not a great as claimed but was fun and entertaining

MTM overall produced the best shows in the history of Television. No one has yet to come close

MadMen is overrated tripe

I never got the appeal of Friends at all. It's only selling point was the chemistry of the cast.

There has not been any late night TV worth a damn since Johnny Carson retired

SNL ceased being relevant and edgy years ago

George Clooney was overrated on ER. Anthony Edwards was the glue that held that show together as evidenced by how it reverted to stunts after he left. The last season with Angela Basset was the best the show had been in 5 years

I think Castle and Nathan Fillion on that show are overrated.

St Elsewhere was a better show than Hill Street Blues

Green acres was stupid and ridiculous but incredibly funny

• Members

I don't think that's unpopular.

The last time Joss Whedon wrote anything memorable was season 3 of Buffy. Rarely has any writer or producer been so overhyped based on everything but what they actually put on the screen.

• Members

I think the first part is still quite popular. The second part? A little more up for debate, but I do agree.

I love this show to death (literally, I guess, LOL), but I do think it was probably just as well that it lasted only one season. Who knows how long they could have held on to the quality of the show.

• Members

One last item

The current NBC comedy block on Thursday is a disaster. I dont get the hype and so called greatness. The Office has been limping even before Steve Carrell left, 30 rock is no longer funny and I love Tina Fey, Community is unfunny. Parks and Rec has some promise but it's surrounded by overhyped mediocrity.

• Members

Seinfeld is ridiculously unfunny/boring.

Melrose Place 2.0 was a brilliant, sexy show that should have lasted way longer.

Lea Michelle is annoying, has an unattractive personality, and can't sing.

Shonda Rhimes is a truly gifted writer.

Desperate Housewives has continued to be one of the best shows on television throughout it's run, not just in season one.

Brothers & Sisters was a truly great soap opera.

Chelsea Handler is the best late night personality on TV.

Ringer is the best new television show in years.

• Members

Wings was better than both Cheers & Frasier

Kelsey Grammer was better on Cheers than Frasier

Seinfeld is one of the worst show's ever

Reality tv for the most part sucks

I hate the Simpsons

Classic TV is better than most of what's on nowadays. I love TV from the 80's and 90's

• Members

~ Neil Patrick Harris is annoying as hell and needs to pull a Joyce DeWitt the second HIMYM ends.

~ Speaking of...CBS's current sitcoms are all dreadful.

~ Modern Family is funny, but I don't get the hype.

~ Non-serial dramas are necessary and should make a comeback (and not just in the form of police/detective shows).

~ Speaking of...Supernatural should have always been a self-contained "demon of the week" show. I lost interest once they started with continuing storylines.

~ The OC, Dawson's Creek, and the original Beverly Hills 90210 were all oodles more entertaining than Freaks and Geeks and My So-Called Life.

~ Speaking of...centering a teen drama on the "unpopular" kids does not automatically make it "realistic" or "great." Nine times out of ten, it automatically makes it lame and pretentious.

~ Are You Being Served? and Keeping Up Appearances are two of the greatest British sitcom of all time, heads and shoulders better than Fawlty Towers and Blackadder.

~ Historically, ABC has been the best primetime network, with CBS coming in second.

~ Paul Henning's rural sitcoms were some of the most hilarious sitcoms of all time.

~ I don't get the appeal of the entire Star Trek franchise.

~ The Price is Right was absolute perfection, without a single flaw, from September 4, 1972 to June 15, 2007.

~ Touches on soaps, but as far as daytime as a whole is concerned, no show should have ever expanded to 60 minutes, no matter how popular it was.

~ Flavor of Love, I Love New York, I Love Money, Charm School, etc. were all fantastic programs.

I'd think these two are pretty popular. Probably not vocalized much, but you'd be hard pressed to find people who openly disagree with either sentiment.

• Members

I agree with this, although I do not believe this to be an unpopular opinion.

Actually, even with Barker at the helm, TPIR in the 2000s was inferior to what it was in the 70s and 80s. Do you remember the God-awful "Hollywood Mural" turntable (in 2002-03)? What about all those rotating models? (There were no longer permenant beauties because of all the lawsuits against Barker.) During the last couple of years, I also saw way too many senior moments on Bob's part, especially when he would get very impatient with contestants. (I seem to recall him occasionally forgetting some rules to pricing games as well.)

Archived