Y&R: More SORASing on the way

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Another 20+ year old actor playing a role that will likely be a teenager in name only (if that). Why is this show so afraid of writing for teenagers?

Does he also look 40 years old, like Abby and Ricky? He doesn't in the photo but what about on video?

I love how that interview just goes right out to trash the Daisy story and character. No attempt at sugarcoating. I don't think MAB will be pleased.

I also love this. Priorities.

Let’s move over to Y&R, Lauren’s been caught with the gun!

Yes, and showcasing her fabulous jewellery!

• Members

That's kind of upsetting that Tracey/Lauren won't be in the new opening.

That interview was soooo awkwardly hillarious cause it's obvious Tracey knows her storylines are terrible, but she's trying to work her way around actually saying that.

• Members

The casting call went out for 18 year olds. I saw this dude on ICARLY as well he can pass for a teen. 20 year olds have been playing teens for years it's nothing new plus that relieves that show of having to write around labor laws and have them involved in more adult stories. Do you really want to see a bunch of screechy 15 year olds running around?

• Members

Is there a big difference between screechy 15 year old Abby and screechy 35 year old Abby? At least with younger actors, the age groups are more spread out. Y&R used to have a multi-generational feel. Now everyone is written the same and most of the actors look the same.

• Members

They look mid-20's to me, at least.

I know soaps have always cast actors who look older than the characters, but Y&R does this with every single role, and now everyone on the show is lumped into the same vague age group.

• Members

Unlike Abby or Ricky or Ryder or whoever else is on that show it seems like Fen will be explicitly stated as being 16. So there's that. I wish I knew how soaps went from a barrage of teenagers every 2 years to maybe 2 or 3 in a given show. They need to find a balance.

And I liked how bewildered that interviewer was over Daisy still being on the show. I mean, really, it doesn't make sense.

• Members

That's not the girl in the photo which I replied to - she does look like a teenager. I guess that girl was on icarly or whichever show. I don't know why I thought she was going to be on Y&R.

He doesn't look like a teen to me.

• Members

The icarly girl looks so much like the woman who hosted the first season of So You Think You Can Dance - maybe that throws me off. I don't know. But when I see a lot of these actors I get more of a "trying to look young" vibe more than someone who is the right age. We can agree to disagree.

Archived