Primetime General Hospital ???

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AW had a primetime episode in 1992 called "Summer Desire." It did very poorly in the ratings, so the show never got another primetime episode.

Capitol's first episode was actually in primetime. I believe the same was true for Loving, Sunset Beach, and Port Charles.

• Members

It would certainly be a great way to bring publicity to GH, and primetime rules are quite different. Unfortunately they have already tried this with Night Shift, which was only good if you were a Scrubs fan (which I'm not). A nighttime GH would have to be given a far greater budged that NS ever saw.

• Members

Well, if they were going to prime time, the solution would likely be to get rid of Cartini, place in Ed Scott as EP and Claire Labine or Sri Rao (both?) as HW and overhaul the show majorly before the primetime debut. It really needs to pop if they're going to primetime. Unfortunately, I'm sure Ed's loath to leave the Bell fold after what happened at DAYS but...a boy can dream.

• Members

Maybe a few, But sadly those are the characters at the viewers see everyday . I certainly don't see the actors playing Starr, Michael primetime caliber either. And the era of boring antihero types like sonny, Jason, and McBain are over and has been for at least 5 years.

• Members

As for the actors, the only way you'd really get the big viewership would be to lure Genie Francis back, promote the hell out of that, and drag back Emma Samms while they're at it. Ricky Martin to guest star? As long as the writing and production look good, those kinds of stunts might do the show a lot of good.

Archived