The Kylie Minogue Thread

• Members

Is there one for her? I figured we needed an official place for all things Kylie.

What do you guys think of Light Years? I've had the singles for years but I just bought the album and looking forward to listening to it.

Spinning Around was the first Kylie song I ever heard and I was instantly hooked. I still remember how often they played that video in summer of 2000.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Light Years is a little cheesy, but such a FUN and well produced album. It holds up well. I love just about every track. Disco Down is an absolute gem of an album track and the title track is brilliant too. My favorite Kylie album is the underrated Let's Get To It. I think it's such a cute and fun album. Word Is Out is so fierce.

• Members

Kylie Minogue on the Billboard Hot 100:

I Should Be So Lucky (1988): #28/#10 Dance

The Loco-Motion (1988): #3/#12 Dance

It's No Secret (1988): #37

Can't Get You Out of My Head (2002): #7/#1 Dance

Love at First Sight (2002): #23/#1 Dance

Come in to My World (2002): #91/#20 Dance

Slow (2003): #91/#1 Dance

Edited by KateW

• Members

I liked Light Years... I might work my way back to her first album, since I love the singles I've heard.

You were right Chris, Disco Down and Lights Years are great and Bittersweet Goodbye was a surprise.

It's sad to see she's only had mediocre (at best) success in the US. I always thought Can't Get You Out Of My Head was her biggest success here but I guess not lol

• Members

Kylie Minogue has had more success in recent years on the Billboard Dance Chart:

Red Blooded Woman (2004): #24

I Believe in You (2004): #3

Wow (2008): #19

All I See (2008): #3

All the Lovers (2010): #1

Get Outta My Way (2010): #1

Better Than Today (2010): #1

Put Your Hands Up (If You Feel Love) (2011): #1

• 1 year later...
  • Members

OMG HER HIGHNESS KYLIE MINOGUE RELEASED A NEW ALBUM A FEW DAYS AGO AND I HAD NO IDEA!!!!!

Music_Review_Kylie_Minogue-0dbda.jpg

First single, Into The Blue (nice video)

http://youtu.be/fL6FaI-wJxs

It's a grower laugh.png

And the video for Sexercize

http://youtu.be/j3VjJKKVNew

Haven't seen or listened to it yet

New music from Kylie! So excited!

• Members

I find Into The Blue to be an epic song and her best lead single since Can't Get You Out Of My Head. I can't understand why her label didn't do more promo for it. She should've performed it on The Brits and the fact that they didn't do one televised performance in the UK is just crazy. I was so sad to see it miss the top 10. Sexercize is meant as a buzz track and I hope it does well. The album is at #2 in the charts, which is good at least. Still shocked that she's with Roc Nation and they've done so little to promote. It'll be interesting to see what the promo is like in the US.

The actual album is very good. I Was Gonna Cancel is FANTASTIC and sounds unique to Kylie and not like Pharrell gave her cast-offs. Same with the two Sia (who executive produced the album) written songs, Sexercize and Kiss Me Once which are both album highlights that sound like Kylie songs. If Only is probably the highest high on the album and definitely deserves the single treatment. Sexy Love, If Only, Kiss Me Once, I Was Gonna Cancel and Les Sex could all be good singles from this album. I hope she releases different singles in different territories so we get more videos!

• Members

I'm enjoying the album very much. Feels So Good is a definitely highlight for me. And they'll be stupid if they don't release Beautiful as a single in the US. Enrique Iglesias still gets played on the radio and the song is perfect to get Kylie some US airplay. And it's produced by Mark Taylor! I would love if he did more with Kylie, their sounds/styles could really mesh well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

In Germany, "Kiss Me Once" has peaked at #9 so far which is higher than "Body Language" and "X" ever did. "Aphrodite" peaked at #3, though.

"Into The Blue" peaked at #31 on the singles chart which is a moderate success.

Kylie performed live at the Echo Awards (the German Grammys) last week.

http://youtu.be/EjQ9AJmqD3o

• Members

I used to dance my ass off to RBW in the clubs. Still do actually. lol. Whitey mix and Naurotic Thrust remixes rock.

I never knew how GOMW did so happy to see it did great. Cuz the intro to the video with everyone not moving like puppets with cut strings have always gotten to me.

And now....OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KYLIE HAS A NEW CD AND i DIDN'T KNOW!!!! :D :D :D

Sorry. I love all my music divas, but Kylie as my friends know became my ride or die diva. So I feel :( I didn't know.

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...