Your favorite forgotten soap relatives

• Members

This isn't a list of forgotten relatives on soaps. This is just to see who your favorite forgotten relatives are. For instance, if you spent years telling Kristen Forrester to burn in hell, then she won't be on your list. If you want to do a least favorite list, go ahead.

Mine:

Trish Lewis, Andy Dixon, Iris Wheeler

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes!! Thank you! For the life of me, I just couldn't remember her name. She was hilarious.

Least favourite forgotten relatives:

AW:

both of Cass' siblings- Morgan and Stacey. They were both annoying and I was so glad to see both of them go

GH:

Cheryl whatever her last name was (Tiffany's sister)- how fun and awesome Tiffany had a whiny wimpy sister like that, I'll never know

• Members

Here is the 1987 casting announcement for Maree on General Hospital:

MarieCheaCasting.jpg

There were a few names mis-spelled like "Marie" instead of "Maree" and Maurice Benard as "Bernard."

John Tripp as the forgotten Jeff Martin. I wonder if he even made it to air. I did not realise that Jeffrey Byron lasted in the role for less than a year.

• Members

My favourite AMC relatives who we were lucky to have for various stints into the early 2000s:

DaisyMyra.jpg

Myra and Daisy Murdoch, oh how they made Cortlandt manor come to life! Myra was better conscious to Palmer any Jimminy Cricket could have been. I loved that she could always looks through Palmer's machinations. But, she genuinely loved him too. I remember when Palmer lost everything after Lar Bogard's planted a mole at CE. She could have jumped ship and left Palmer in ruins, but it was her encouragement that helped him get through the worst of times... including a tenure of working for the likes of Adam Chandler! Her romance with Sloan was so touching, I long for daytime drama like that again.

Daisy's late 80's and early 90's appearances were so welcome. I loved that she was guiding Opal through the ups and downs of being the latest Mrs. Cortlandt. She was always there at the right moments, like Bobby being arrested upon his return to Pine Valley. I also loved how ridiculous she dressed, but she was the one who responsible for converting Opal into a woman of class.

NickDavis.jpg

Nicky Davis, how Mona Kane would have made it through raising Erica without you in beyond me. I loved how he turned into a father figure for Erica. I think that was another part of the reason why I loved Erica and Dimitri's first wedding. Nick got to stand tall with all the other Kane women. The above is one of my favourite pictures from the reception, one I do not share often.

Nancy.jpg

Of course I had to feature the underrated Lisa Wilkinson in the role of Nancy Grant, which had to be the longest recurring character in AMC history. I loved watching her struggles raising Carl and Jesse as basically a single mom. I think it was realistic too how they had Nancy mourn her husband. She was always a fixture at the Martin home during the holidays, and seemed to appear at restaurants at the opportune time when people just needed someone to talk. The show went through great lengths to get Wilkinson back for the 25th Anniversary, in fact not tracking her down until days before taping. Though she did not have any substantive speaking parts as a result, it was just so special to see Nancy back in Pine Valley.

• Members

Let me preface by saying that I won't barf when I see Cassie DiMera's name on here because I have accepted that at some point, she's going to be brought up.

Of the Current Soaps:

B&B

(The Real) Kristen Forrester- I wasn't watching B&B when Teri Ann Linn was on the show, but she seemed like the kind of supporting character I'd like. Imagine my disappointment when I'd learned Tracy Melchior was cast in the part at a time I WAS watching. I knew I wouldn't be getting anything close to Kirsten. I'd always imagined someone like Kimberly Simms in the part, another actress I'd never seen in the role of Mindy.

DAYS

Melissa Anderson- She's been shafted for Jennifer pretty much since Missy showed up, yet I always found Melissa the far more interesting character. Even with Camilla Scott, who I detested. I like Jennifer, don't get me wrong, but Melissa was far more layered IMO.

David & Scott Banning- Julie has a son and grandson she all but ignores. I think both characters' relationships with Hope and their mother/grandmother could have had an interesting progression over the years, had the show not screwed the Hayes.

Laura Horton- Of all the Salemites brought back for Alice's funeral, bringing back long-term could have proven quite interesting. After all, Jennifer was clearly coming back and there was TONS of potential with Kate married to Stefano AND Vivian returning to the canvas. Years of story could have written itself, had the been wise and brought newcomer John Martin back as......

Bill Horton- John Martin had everything it took to make Bill a viable character again. Now THERE'S a man that women like Kate, Laura, Vivian, and Maggie would be fighting over.

Caroline Brady- I can't stand her, but I miss the batshit crazy old bag we got under Tomlin/Whitesell. I've thought Caroline to be shrew and a hypocrite since 1983.

Marie Horton- but that's probably because I miss a WHOLE GENERATION of characters that go along with her. Neil Curtis, Liz Chandler, Anna DiMera, Alex Marshall, Gwen Davies, Delia, Larry Welch.....without any of those people around anymore, what's the point?

Y&R

Mamie Johnson- So needed. So missed. With John gone, it would only make sense for Mamie to claim the position as the wise old soul of the Abbott family, yet she's been nowhere to be found.

Traci Abbot- I guess it could be worse for Mamie. The could trot her out at story points where they need John and regret having killed him, which is exactly what they do with Traci. She used to be a flawed, three-dimesional character who stood on her own. She feels like an argument between 1 writer who thinks she should be Maggie Horton and another who thinks she should be Maureen Bauer. No, she should be Traci Abbott, though it's understandable how one could forget that was the show they were working on.

Casey Reed- There's a dimension of Nikki that's missing without Casey.

Mary Williamns- My favorite meddling mama of all time. Hell, it's part of why I cant stand LK's Kate Roberts pathetic attempts at meddling- she could learn a thing or two from good ole Mare.

• Members

That's so very true. It was so depressing when she came back to say that it was perfectly fine to give Colleen's heart to Victor. And when she is used as a pawn to try to make us pity show pets, like Genevieve and Adam.

Archived