ABC Renews GH

• Members

Update (4/11): http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/abc-the-revolution-cancelled-general-hospital-renewed-gma-afternoon/

So says some soap blogger on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/...576040506392576

Please keep in mind that I have no idea who this person is or how legitimate his reputation, whatever it may be, is.

Has anyone ever heard of or dealt with this individual?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If GH gets extended they need to fire all the recent writer hires. Bring in some people wh o don't have history with soaps to write the scripts and put someone who cares about GH as the HW and switch producers to someone who won't produce this show like a cheesfest. The music and editing has gotten worse with the editing being choppy and the soap parody music playnig all the time

• Members

It's really no longer GH. GH hacks may suck, but they knew (and ignored) GH history. We now have OLTL writers, OLTL music director, and OLTL actors with more seemingly coming. Enough. It has been shown they are doing jack s**t for ratings, either.

• Members

It would help if more time was taken to actually get to know the GH characters and their history. They apparently know little of the histories of Mac, Maxie, or Anna, much less characterizations of Anna or others. GH has been an anti-family show for many years, so RC's writing is just continuing along those lines, but it was still jarring to see Anna basically abandon her grandchild a few days after burying Robin.

I think for now the OLTL arrivals and Comedy Connie are getting buzz, so I guess that is the show's future, if it stays on.

• Members

Though neither GH nor The Revolutoion deserves to be renewed, I would be shocked if ABC actually cancels GH this year. It just makes more sense to wait until next year, as Katie won't then be blamed by the rabid soap fans for GH's demise. I really don't think that ABC wants to deal with all this crap so soon again, and a GH cancellation would make the shitstorm that resulted from last year's dual cancellations look like a Sunday School picnic in comparison.

The sad thing is that Cartini will get a lot of credit for the renewal, when they had little to do with it.

• Members

I don't think it would create a firestorm, but GH is one of the best known soaps of all time. Given how bad their lineup is doing in the ratings, and this being Katie's big year to be a superstar, they may want to stave off the backlash for another year. Most likely GH will be so much of a corpse by this time next year that a cancelation would get less notice.

Still, I could also see them canceling GH and Revolution at the same time and assuming people just love Katie no matter what. Right now it might be about 52/48 stay/go.

• Members

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you SoapBoy. While I think that your statement is true regarding how SON members will react (as it is a very pro-Nixon soap board), I feel pretty confident that there are a lot of rabid fans of GH elsewhere who will be absolutely furious.

• Members

While not my favorite soap of all times it's a soap I remember from when I was a very small child since my babysitter watched GH and AMC(my mother was a Y&R fan) so i've seen alot of old GH when it was much better. This soap just doesnt interest me much anymore. If it got canceled it would kind of be alright since I don't watch most days. It really did die for me awhile ago and I'm not sure why I came back since I can't stay hooekd on it.

• Members

I think this is the first time I don't know what to think. When AMC and GL were canceled I was not surprised at all. With OLTL and ATWT, I knew they were in danger but I expected a one-year renewal for both and then cancelation the next year. When DAYS was renewed last time, I was surprised as I expected cancelation. This is the first time I could honestly see it going either way. There are reasons to renew for one year, and then there is something to be said for ABC just ripping off the band aid.

Archived