Who is/was the biggest hack writer on soaps??

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn't include Lynn Marie Latham, because she does have some really strong work under her belt, I just don't think she's built for daytime. Perhaps, she also picked the wrong soap (probably because Y&R is the highest rated). I didn't find her that bad at PC. I'd say Hogan Sheffer is overall mostly bad and David Kreizman I found dreadful on GL, ATWT and AMC.

• Members

Tom Langan.

I've watched Days of our Lives, on and off, practically my entire life. There were times when I didn't pay close attention to it or watched in dribs and drabs because of school or work or raising kids. The first time I voluntarily turned the show off was during Tom Langan's stint. The whole thing just offended me.

This will probably get me stoned, but I think that Bob Guza is a lot better than people give him credit for. Yes the mob ate GH under his pen, but I really believe that Guza gets crapped on for some stuff that the network mandated .

• Members

I liked some of her work on PC, but the story with Lucy blinding Serena was just way too much. I also blame that era for my longtime aversion to Julie Pinson.

I think some of that's true, but he kind of had the same stories and characterizations throughout his years at GH, even with vastly different ABC daytime heads.

Archived