DAYS: Awesome Poster

• Members

The picture of Marlena that John found in his room reminded me of this awesome poster of the DOOL cast I have:

cast-2003.jpg

Despite DOOL not having a cast photo that year, I do love that all of their individual cast photos "matched" in term of scheme so that they could be made into a collage so beautifully. I think their recent Headshots are just as well themed, maybe, I'll try my hand at trying to make something similar for the current cast.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have so many of those salem stalker posters, i should find them and give away the extra copies.

also, i will totally confess/own/brag about owning a version of that huge poster hanging outside nbc. mine isnt that huge, its about 14x8 or so. I got it after some event in Nashville, lol.

• Members

Airtime is one thing quality story is another. TC spent his entire run a bitter black man and the only story I remember him having was the stupid car in the shed, Liz and her suitcase of revenge, and Simone didn't get much either beyond being a best friend most of the time. So yes I would say Sunset Beach did diversity better than them

• Members

I think that the minorities were equally marginilised on SuBe. Vanessa and Michael were immediately paired off, put on an island of their own storylines, and only played window dressing in other storylines. I remember we could go months without either Jason George or Sherri Shaum on our screens. Honestly, I do not even remember if they were good/bad actors because the only time I feel like I saw them were at the end of the Opening Credits. Tyus was a dayplayer. Virginia, though a memorable villain, was probably the most predictable soap villain archetype (she was a waiter in a world of executives, a single woman driven by her need to lock in a man).

In terms of the Torres family, were any of the siblings even really Latino? Nick Kiriazis, Christina Chambers, and Hank Cheyne...none of the names sounds particularly Latino to me. "Cheyne" is native American, yeah? On that note, they too were sterotypes, being the blue collar family in the California beach town. At least this trio got major stories, and were well integrated into the canvas.

Archived