What Direction does DAYS go now?

• Members

Days truly needs a real reboot. Their will be damn nere no black folks in Salem. Age Theo and bring back Jonah or create e enw family. What ever happend to that black nurse who worked at the hospital I forget her name. The should do somethign with her.

Carl I agree with your cuts. Though I really do enjoy seeing Carrie as Opposed to Chloe or Melanie. And I too have loved MA this go round. Jennifer, i wish she get some base in her vocie. Roman for sure. Why is he even there. Go get some tissue man. Daniel is cool. Madison she should give some her bass in her vocie to Madison.

And it's written all over this Princess gina [!@#$%^&*] with her own soundtrack.

The worst period in Days history next to the orginal teen invasion with Tom Lagan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show has been some strange hydra of supercouples/Reilly gothic adventure and camp/the "new" stuff which mostly focused on Sami and her men along with Melanie/Daniel.

I do agree about Carrie - I think Christie Clark has shown real promise in her return. But the Rafe story hasn't worked for me. I would say maybe keep her and bring back Anna, or Mike. Just as I'd say keep Jack, to have story with Adrienne and Sonny and Justin and Abby. You wouldn't need Jennifer around.

• Members

Is not the show up for renewal next year (2013). This seems like a move to try to get more viewers watching, since ratings are in the basement. Let's see if someone else can make the ratings go up. In 6 months or more if things dont change, Tomlin and Whitesell will be out and replaced. It seems to be more about ratings and renewal then it does about anything else. Corday's parents should be very ashamed of how their son has ran this show into the ground. I think even Irna Phillips would have a few words for Corday since she helped to create the show.

• Members

I see Tomlin as a HW a good thing for Sonny & Will. He was the EP that Told Chandler In Feb 2011 that Will was gonna be gay. He hired Freddie as Sonny. He wanted Will & Sonny together as a couple sooner. That was his plan before the reboot. Maybe we'll also get more back story on Sonny now.

• Members

I have absolutely no faith in Gary Tomlin and Chris Whitesell writing any kind of story for gay teenagers that is anything beyond merely "passable" fluff at best. After the deeper, operatic stuff that hooked me here, I have no patience for any more of that. With the exception of Kish on OLTL and some periods of Bianca on AMC, I've been watching "just okay" gay stories for over a decade.

• Members

Didn't they want to write Rex as gay and having an affair with Seth?

I think the gay story at DAYS has been a very awkward mixture of PSA and baked ham, horribly paced, full of lazy character transplants, and tough to care about, so I think there's a lot of room for improvement. But I know that it could get even worse.

• Members

They did, and that was a great idea on paper, but even back then Whitesell's OLTL was almost totally unwatchable and coasted by on goodwill from the audience towards Gary Tomlin. At the time, Rex of all people was one of the few bright spots simply because of the potential. We were all still just happy JFP was gone. Then came the Troy/Joanna cannibals in Africa story and the revelation that Mitch had date-raped Viki on the couch at Llanfair. I liked the idea of gay Rex, but the actor playing NuSeth was terrible and the writing did not inspire any confidence whatsoever. Nor has anything Chris Whitesell has ever done since. Gary Tomlin's own scab writing was, IMO, just passable at best for OLTL.

• Members

I hated their OLTL run (I blame part of that on a bad mix - the worst of Broderick, too much camp, Whitesell's worst, Tomlin's worst). I just wonder if they could tell a decent gay story if they have a chance. I haven't seen any in years, on any soap. I think the pacing for Will's story was just awful - overnight he becomes full of rage and bile, and then this basically goes on a loop for months, until he comes out with a shrug. I would like a reason to care about the people involved in this.

Archived