Historical Inaccuracies

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When Starr broke Todd out of jail, and she expressed doubt about doing it, Todd told her she got him out of a moving prison van when she was 10 years old--that was actually Victor.

I don't know if this counts as an inaccuracy, but did Max ever acknowledge Steve once he was dead, and many years had passed? I guess if he ever referred to himself as an only child, it would be.

Roxy & Natalie's relationship as mother and daughter. I liked how Roxy reformed (mainly due to IK, of course), but after she seeing the way she treated Natalie in the beginning, it was always kind of strange to see Nat so comfortable with Roxy.

• Members

Not at all.

Jill also had Liz.

But Jill's never had many close friends (especially women).

The thing is from the time John & Jill divorced until Jill moved into the mansion the majority of the problems between Katherine & Jill were Jill's fault.

Which is not to say Katherine was a saint but in spite of their past Katherine rarely went out of her way to start fights with Jill & the irony was it was another Philip that brought them together (temporarily).

It wouldn't have worked to give Jill friends just for the character to have friends.

The character has always worked better as the outsider.

• Members

Liv told Ashleythe accident did severe damage to her uterus which would keep her from having anymore children.

But (like with Giggly) the show never said either of them definitely couldn't have any more children.

Just that it would be highly unlikely (which is why Hope/Faith & Summer were treated as "miracle" babies).

• Members

Another one: on SEARCH FOR TOMORROW, Jo's neighbors Stu and Marge had a son named Jimmy, who ended up simply disappearing and not being referred to for several years. When new writers, Frank and Doris Hursley, took over the reigns, they read past synopses about Jimmy and decided to bring him back, although--for some unfathomable reason only they could explain--they decided that he was actually the Bergman's NEPHEW, and not their son.

UGH.

• Members

The soaps used to have staff continuity positions...they were responsible for keeping all the historical details correct. They reviewed the scripts and made corrections and gave notes to the writers and producers. The were of great help to new writers. They were listed in the credits. I suppose those positions were among some of the first to be eliminated for cost-cutting measures.

Archived