Historical Inaccuracies

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if this counts, but when TIIC decided to have Zach father a child for Bianca, blatantly ignoring the fact that a few years previously he turned down Hannah's request for another child because of his marriage to Kendall and the fact that he said onscreen that he couldn't father a child he wouldn't be there for to raise.

Not to mention the time Zach supposedly fathered said child for Bianca, Ian was sick in the hospital and Zach rarely ever left his side and sure as hell didn't leave to go to Paris and father a child for Bianca like we're supposed to believe. Zach sure as hell wouldn't have went on a business trip while his premie son was in the hospital

• Members

In the early 1980s, Days introduced us to the Brady family, starting with Roman, then Kayla. The two of them would make frequent references to their younger, unseen brother. However, he wasn't Bo, but a Marcus Aurelius. Bo's full name has been revealed on the show and of course, it's not Marcus Aurelius.

• Members

I was watching some clips from the Erica/Jeremy/Alex/Natalie storyline that were uploaded to YT recently, and in one of them, Natalie mentions Janet, saying that she always felt like her dad loved Janet more. This was early 1986, I think? I didn't watch AMC until 1990, but I'm 1) impressed that someone remembered the mention of Janet when they wanted to do a look-alike story, and 2) surprised that Janet was dumpy and comparatively unattractive because Natalie spoke of her as being the one their father adored, who got the best gifts at Christmas, which didn't seem to exactly go with what I can recall of the Janet story in the early 90s in which Natalie was the golden child growing up.

• Members

To be honest these history lapses don't surprise me. It would be unbelievably hard to read threw the history of every single character, their actions, motivations, temperaments, details and everything for a show that has aired for upwards of 40 years. Given the fact that a ton of writers are fired and the Head writers themselves are either younger then the soaps they are writing for or only get a few weeks worth of episodes to watch before they take over and the reason for these lapses become even more apparent.

• Members

Here's one very few people remember:

Bobbie and Luke Spencer originally had a younger sister named Pat. In 1978, when Bobbie was relatively new in town, she ran into Colleen Middleton at GH. Colleen had lived next to the Spencer's years before and starts to reminisce. Bobbie doesn't want to talk to her. Then Colleen says something about her "older brother Luke and little sister Pat". Bobbie says she doesn't talk to THEM anymore, and ends the conversation.

Well, obviously, Pat was dropped. Bobbie called Luke to town and no sister was mentioned again. Since then, Bobbie and Luke have been REPEATEDLY referred to as the only two Spencer children.

Here's the clip with Colleen/Bobbie:

• Members

The first Wilma seems like far less of a bitchy overbearing mama than Mother Nature Gloria #2's version. But man, Janet's first appearance was a great day to be a spoiler-free soap fan. Believe it or not, my grandparents and I blinked a few times before we realized that was Kate Collins, and yes, it was established that she was NOT a twin from jumpstreet.

Archived