and Desperate Housewives had one of the fastest declines in quality...

ICAM! DH lost me after S1, and I could no longer stand the sight of it. I didn't even want to see a preview. I tried to return when Vanessa Williams was cast, but the show was just awful! I'm just hoping the industry has the good sense to leave Teri Hatcher a has been next time!

ANDREA

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be a toss up. Frankly, ABC hasn't been making a lot of good decisions for a few years, so it won't surprise me if Devious Maids isn't picked up.

The good news is that it's great for Lucci's career whether it's picked up or not because the pilot's been seen by everyone in the industry and whatever issues there might be with the pilot, apparently Lucci is fantastic in it.

That IS good news. :)

Meanwhile, I am not surprised DM didn't get picked up & agree that Marc Cherry is a one-note, hack writer. Anyone who watched even one minute of "The Five Mrs. Buchanans" would agree.

La Lucci was on The View this morning and Joy asked her about Devious Maids. She said she was disappointed that it did not get picked up.

Over on SOC, someone there was actually able to watch the pilot... she was on ABC's website a few weeks ago and a pop-up appeared asking her to watch a potential fall show and answer a survey about it, and it happened to be Devious Maids. She recently posted a synopsis of what she saw, and based on that, I'm really irked that I won't get to see it. Based on her writing, it sounds like all of the employers were massively selfish, self-centered, obnoxious, and generally crappy people.

Over on SOC, someone there was actually able to watch the pilot... she was on ABC's website a few weeks ago and a pop-up appeared asking her to watch a potential fall show and answer a survey about it, and it happened to be Devious Maids. She recently posted a synopsis of what she saw, and based on that, I'm really irked that I won't get to see it. Based on her writing, it sounds like all of the employers were massively selfish, self-centered, obnoxious, and generally crappy people.

Oh, can you link to her post? I want to read what she thought of it.

Oh, can you link to her post? I want to read what she thought of it.

She started posting it in this thread: http://boards.soapcentral.com/showthread.php?798622-Devious-Maids-not-picked-up-by-ABC&p=16626578#post16626578

But then she moved the rest of the summary of the episode to her blog posts, via her SOC profile, but for some reason, I can't access them there. IDK why. Weird.

• 2 weeks later...

So negotiations are still ongoing. Sounds like what's holding things back is money and cost-cutting to fit a cable budget. Doesn't this show have a pretty large cast?

I wonder if Susan Lucci has any reason to do with Lifetime's interest in the series? Although it does fit their new rebranding and could reach a Spanish audience, which networks are trying so desperately to get, especially how well Spanish language programming does compared to some network shows.