Lifetime: Devious Maids

Cheap21

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

YES! That would be perfect. I'm sad that never happened on AMC, Erica and Sydney. This is so exciting because a big splashy primetime show is just where she belongs, if anyone can sell this, it's her. I'm watching her right now as a matter of fact, she and Barbara are trading barbs on classic AMC.

Maybe they'll let her wear fur in California:

http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/chic-report/article/susan-lucci-item

What a doll:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8380782@N07/2979753660/in/faves-superbrad/

• Members

Yes, although his Season 7 was one of the best this show has ever done (and I still think that Season 3 was brilliant, if not more so than Season 1). So, he can deliver (relatively) if he puts his mind to it.

The problem is, he is lazy and he prefers to rest on the reputation of the show instead of do actual work.

So, let's hope this is good and that it stays good!

• Members

Grant Show! The soap stars keep on coming!

I really hope this show happens, not only for Lucci and Show, but for those of us who are starved for some glamour in prime time television.

This show would have been perfect for Joan Collins 15 years ago, the very same age Susan Lucci is at now, she'd be just a touch too old to be a lead...I can't believe I just typed "Joan could be too old"...but it's true.

That said, Joan would make an excellent, excellent, recurring character. Not even as one of the rich people, but as one of the maids. Perhaps a maid who made good and landed someone rich? A kindly neighbour? There are a lot of options and I hope she is getting her agent on it.

• Members

I'd love to see them go against type and have Joan as a maid. That could be hilarious. I just hope this show is good. You never know with Marc Cherry. I stopped watching Desperate Housewives once Nicollette Sheridan was written off. It had gotten so bad and she was my main reason for watching. From what I've heard the show only got worse. This is the perfect premise to start off good and tank really bad. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

• Members

I think Joan herself would love to go against type. She loves glam but she also likes to play with her image and playing a prim British maid would be amazing.

I, like you, stopped watching Desperate Housewives once Nicollette Sheridan was killed off as she was the only thing keeping me around as a viewer as the show had really degenerated. This show has lots of potential, I hope ABC keeps a tight leash on Cherry because it's clear he needs one.

Archived