February 20-24, 2012

Toups

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The lowered expectations for The Revolution benefit them. I still think they will dump the show, probably just not until after GH is gone.

As for DAYS, I honestly don't find Will very likeable and I wonder how many viewers, unless they are invested in gay storylines, would care about him smashing his face against a bit player after months of tantrums and hammy acting. At one time a gay kiss would get a ratings boost but after ATWT and OLTL it may seem been there, done that.

• Members

So ABC's complete silence on GH continues. They declined to promote GH in the New York Times and now decline to even mention it had a good bump in a press release.

I just don't see a single indicator ABC intends to save GH here.

• Members

Hi CarlD2!

Yes, I read that same hope expressed about a reprieve for OLTL last year.

Sadly I don't believe any numbers increase will change Disney's plans. They just let go of the head of Soapnet. I would buy them announcing new hosts for the Revolution and ironically a makeover for that show, over anyone convincing Anne Sweeney to change her mind on GH.

Btw, looking at President's Day last year GH was a huge winner up by 417,000, with demo near 900,000. They were UP over their 2010 numbers.

• Members

TeamEric,

Last year they had that big SnB wedding ( sigh, I miss them). Their numbers this year compared to last will look bad

I don't see them dropping The Revolution until they try to re-tool it. Plus, their ratings stopped bleeding

• Members

I have to say, for the first time in six months, I have not been falling asleep during GH or using that hour to take a nap. Show is very good right now, best it's been in years. I wish they would deep six this Kate though and re-hire Megan Ward. I do not want this show cancelled but unless it skyrockets to three million viewers and a 2.5 rating I do not think it is going to matter. It has a long way to go from a 1.6. I just think it is to late and abc will cancel in April. Hope I am wrong, don't want to lose another soap.

• Members

Agreed. I'm not sure I'd say it's very good, but it has been the first time the past one and a half weeks that I've managed to watch it steadily in YEARS and I guess that says something. I really can't see the huge jump some predict, and as others said it really seems too late anyway.

• Members

Why? no soap (to my knowledge) has had an instant jump from so low a rating in a LONG time except for finale weeks--ABC had some of those promos about the exciting weeks ahead for GH but they only aired during their low rated daytime anyway, and there was no press outside soap forums and soap mags (which presumably watchers are the only ones who really read) about a regime change or anything.

• Members

There's such a lack of energy on all the soaps now. I think that's one reason ratings don't go up. Energy doesn't mean CRASH POW SMASH, it's just a feel. In every episode of GH, there are huge dead spots, especially when it's time to go back to Sonny or Jason. The characters also seem so out of touch with humanity. I've never seen such a who-cares reaction to a dead baby.

• Members

I tuned out of GH years ago disgusted over Guza's all out war on Luke and Laura. I came back for JJ's Lucky and left when he too was wrecked.

Someone emailed me a clip of Robert flashbacking back to "I'm Robin" and I teared up. I couldn't believe someone found that old flashback, wow the memories.

I loved Robert Scorpio. If he was sticking around and a real attempt was made to turn back the tide back to heroes winning again I might really watch again. Instead, John (I am lack the most energy in daytime) McPain will be the one to take down Sonny. WTF? It really should be Robert Scorpio that blazes in and finally clears out the mob... again. THAT move would be a huge sign TIIC really want to save GH... instead they just want to give paychecks to their few pets like ME. Same old business as usual at GH.

Archived