Whitney Houston dead at 48!

• Members

^Angela, did you have to post the bland original R&B version of It's Not Righrt But It's OK? LOL

It's all about the Thunderpuss remix, which made it the dance anthem of summer 1999! LOL

It's one of those rare cases where the remix became more popular than the original version.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TrJ73Fu8PlE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

At her peak, Whitney wasn't just a singer, or a star, she was a phenomenon. She effortlessly conquered music, movies, and TV (with Cinderella). She dominated the mid 80's to mid 90's. It was quite sad how she became a national joke, and then, an unspoken, bad memory.

There were rumors for years about why she got together with Bobby Brown, and why this was needed for her image. Ultimately this destroyed her.

I don't care how white it may have sounded, I think her first album has some songs which are utter perfection. This is my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewxmv2tyeRs&ob=av3e

• Members

The remixes saved the My Love Is Your Love singles (and album) from being flops, and most of the remixes have outlived the original versions from that album.

The extended version is even better.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MSOWUwRFwi0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Somebody edited her Wikipedia page within the past half hour to say that she died in Ottawa, Canada....which is odd, since it looks like she died in L.A..

The page has since been updated to say:

Death

On February 11, 2012, publicist Kristen Foster revealed Houston had died aged 48.[210][211] A cause and location of death was not immediately given.[210]

• Members

I didn't know the name of the remix thus the original version. My bad.

Ray J is reportedly "trippin" after finding a dead Whitney.

In the picture she looks drunk and tired but I think she was off the drugs. I think she would be a lot skinnier if she was still doing the drugs. Maybe it all just caught up with her. Another possibility: I'd like to think she didn't kill herself.