ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is an admittedly weak pull by me, but I'm excited: The successful new Kickstarter for Season 13 of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (now funded for 9 episodes, almost up to 12) has begun announcing bad movie titles for its upcoming season. One of the unfortunate films featured will be 1993's Robot Wars, featuring Lisa Rinna (Billie, DAYS/Taylor, MP) and Barbara Crampton (Leanna, Y&R/Mindy, GL). Stay tuned!

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

From my Soap Opera Cast Lists page

SPOTLIGHT ON.... ..Michelle Forbes
Michelle Forbes kept us riveted as Dr. Sonni Carrera Lewis and her alter Solita on GUIDING LIGHT back in the late 1980s and has portrayed a multitude of characters over the years. Her latest television role in Big Sky is just another example of excellent casting.
Forbes' role of Margaret Kleinsasser has transformed from a cowering, pill popping mess to formidable lioness. One of her "pride" was murdered by his brother, her third son a meth dealing murderer, while her daughter weaned her off of the pills.

Margaret confronted her abusive husband, letting him know that the last face he'll ever see will be hers. Hugging her murderous son JW, practically to the point of smothering him at the graveside she whispered "I know you did it".

Once again we have the opportunity to watch Michelle Forbes bring an easily one dimensional character to life, and that makes us the lucky ones. Kudos to her!

BIG SKY stars Katheryn Winick as Jenny Hayes and Kylie Bunbury as Cassie Dewell. Forbes' leading man is Ted Levine (MONK, SILENCE OF THE LAMBS) as Horst Kleinsasser. It can be seen Tuesdays at Ten P.M. Eastern Standard Time. Two episodes remain in the season, but it has been renewed for Season Two.

Sebastian Roche (Jerry Jacks, GH) is appearing as Sheriff Wagy  on Big Sky and as Brill on Debris.
Edited by slick jones

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Sorry if this has already been posted, but it's an interview with Kane Manera (the notoriously awful Grady on GL, so awful that he was turfed off a cliff by Philip and no one gave a damn), who is now a real estate agent. In another example of lazy journalism, it seems whoever did this just went to Kane's IMDB page and assumed he was on GL for three years, rather than noticing the 2006 credit was for a shorter-term role.

https://www.inman.com/2021/02/01/corcoran-agent-kane-manera-found-his-guiding-light-in-real-estate/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hahaha..having a core character murder someone and everyone was like...okay, lets move on. I don't think he was ever mentioned again. I am amazed that the person pictured in the story is the same person who disgusted the GL audience so much..he looks much better, cleaned up!

• Members

Phil Morris was on the season finale of A Black Lady Sketch Show alongside Kik Wayans, Tyler James Williams and others. I saw the photo stills but as I post this, I still have yet to see this. Looking forward to it.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Sad news:

Lisa Banes played the first Eve McBain, John and Michael's mother, on OLTL in 2004. I used to refer to her arch character who sang spooky torch songs in dark clubs while the show attempted to poorly chemistry test her with Bo Buchanan as "Scary Death Lady," but Banes is in fact a very talented star of the NY stage as well as countless films (like Gone Girl) and television shows. This story is awful.

• 2 weeks later...