ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I follow Alec Musser (AMC- Del Henry #2) on Instagram for the occasional shirtless pic and it got me thinking.  He hasn't had a credit worthy of IMDB since 2011.  However, as single man, he travels, he owns a house, and participates in expensive action sports.  How do these guys who seem to never work still manage to maintain these lives?  I am old enough to know that much of what is portrayed on social media is fake, but I still wonder how former daytime actors with very few subsequent jobs like Scott Bailey, Kyle Lowder, or Pierson Fode allow them to maintain a life of leisure? 

• Members

Well in Kyle Lowder's case, he always seem to be hustling whether it was on Broadway, in Vegas, or doing the online/Hallmark movie route. And if I am not mistaken, he has branched out into BTS as well. So he definitely keeps busy enough to maintain I think. If Alec is still doing action sports, perhaps he has sponsors. 

• Members

In the case of Alec Musser and many other former soap stars, perhaps he works in another industry. Just because they don’t post about it doesn’t mean they aren’t working. Hell, Judi Evans sells funeral plots between soap stints. I’m sure more than we know have a side hustle.  

• Members

But that’s just is, I don’t think they are truly in the industry. Martha Madison is another who is a bartender and moved to Texas. She’s only back on Days more full time bc so many people quit. With less soaps there’s less opportunity for soap actors because not everybody can crossover to primetime and film. Like you said, they can’t continue making a living with no acting gigs, hence why so many develop different ways to make money. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Shadow and Act, the Black entertainment blog named a list actresses that they believe to be underrated and deserve "their flowers" and Debbie Morgan and Tamara Tunie are both on the list.

Edited by DramatistDreamer
Autocorrect can be so stupid.