ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

And in a single instant, the purpose of my existence was forever changed.
Introducing Phoenix Harper Claywell, aka Finn, making his entrance on January 17th at 9:43 am.
Throughout the past year, I was working on living my life more grateful for all the blessings I had, but that word simply doesn't do any of these new emotions justice. I'm overwhelmed with the depths of this human experience, and the love and clarity I now feel to my core. The universe and this unbelievable woman have given me the greatest gifts this life can bestow, a son and a family of my own, and the best of who I've ever attempted to be cannot compare to the man I aim to be now.
#Phoenix #Love #Fatherhood #Dad #Son #Family #ALifetimeOfGratitude

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing

• Members

I saw the trailer for a show called Black Earth Rising on Netflix and decided to give it a go. It's a British/American show that came out either 2018 or 2019 and stars Michaela Coen who is an up and coming British actress. John Goodman costars which helped sell me on it, but then I hear a voice and look up and it's Tamara Tunie! She plays a pretty substantial role so far in the first two episodes. I loved her as Jessica on As the World Turns and I always love to see black former soap actors thriving which she definitely has. I wish she had a bigger profile because she has been amazing in every post-soap role I've seen. 

• Members

I think it depends on where you look. She's pretty well known in the NYC theater scene. She produced Tony Award winning plays, she's acted opposite Denzel Washington onstage (as well as screen). Onscreen she's also acted opposite Al Pacino and also opposite Samuel L. Jackson, in a movie directed by fellow ATWT alum Kasi Lemmons. 

Recently I saw her playing Jason Momoa's mother on Netflix in an underrated series that aired on Sundance years ago, called The Red Road.  I think the thing is that Tunie has generally been ahead of trends in front of the screens (she tends to work with a lot of people before their career blows up or during quiet periods) and behind the scenes (she's also done about two decades' worth of voice-over work) on some of the biggest projects (she produced the Tony Award winning musical Spring Awakening which put Lea Michele out in front of the eyes of TV showrunners).

Also, I think that Tunie has been more of a character actress but when you add up her stage and screen credits, she done a whole lotta work over the years!

Edited by DramatistDreamer