Jump to content

Soap Stars - Where are they now?


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Darn said:

Is it weird that as soon as I saw her in the trailer for that show I knew she'd be recast?

 

Bonnie Dennison is so low-energy (and low-rent) as an actress.  It's a mystery to me why people keep hiring her.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 

Please register in order to view this content

 

Cornelius J. Smith and Heather Hemmens  will appear in Hallmark's Love, Take Two Saturday June 15th at 9.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, how I love seeing Cornelius Smith! I might do the insane and actually watch that movie just because I'll have nothing else to do and I'd like to see CSJ again.

This is more of a "Where were they then?" but Y&R and SuBe's Peter Barton can be seen on the Decades channel week nights after "Dark Shadows" reruns in his short-lived early 80s series "The Powers of Matthew Star." Complete with Louis Gossett Jr. as his guide and a hairdo that resembles the head of a penis, he is in his teen heartthrob glory.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darn said:

Nolan North (Port Charles) is the voice of Tony Stark in the new Avengers game.

 

 

I am glad that he is still getting work. It is a shame that he was on a show as bad as Port Charles and that he hates soaps because of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eboneece said:

I am glad that he is still getting work. It is a shame that he was on a show as bad as Port Charles and that he hates soaps because of it.

 

That is sad, he was one of the FEW good things about Port Charles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Darn said:

 

That is sad, he was one of the FEW good things about Port Charles.

true that! Chris was a consistently entertaining character.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Marlenaphan said:

Port Charles was awesome during the Tainted Love book in the summer of ‘01. 

yeah if by “awesome” you mean appealing to the lowest common denominator. PC was terrific during the HW stint of Karen Harris, Jonathan Estrin, and Barbara Bloom in 2000. It had a real chance at success then, the year before those awful telenovelas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Eboneece said:

yeah if by “awesome” you mean appealing to the lowest common denominator. PC was terrific during the HW stint of Karen Harris, Jonathan Estrin, and Barbara Bloom in 2000. It had a real chance at success then, the year before those awful telenovelas.

 

Are you insulting me? That’s rude. I’ll take the high road though, and won’t stoop to your level. You’ll just be added to my ignore list.

 

Port Charles became a great soap when it embraced the supernatural and sci fi. All soaps are boring unless they have supernatural or sci fi elements. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Marlenaphan said:

Port Charles became a great soap when it embraced the supernatural and sci fi. All soaps are boring unless they have supernatural or sci fi elements. 

 

That is categorically untrue. Soaps were doing just fine for decades before all the sci fi/supernatural stuff. I don't think I would call any soap story with those elements my favorite, a lot of the time they're very lazily written and are clearly there to fill time or a last ditch effort to attract an audience that would never watch daytime.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Marlenaphan said:

 

Are you insulting me? That’s rude. I’ll take the high road though, and won’t stoop to your level. You’ll just be added to my ignore list.

 

Port Charles became a great soap when it embraced the supernatural and sci fi. All soaps are boring unless they have supernatural or sci fi elements. 

 

I think you need to understand how SON works. We're all passionate and very opinionated here. It's not always a personal attack on someone

Please register in order to view this content
 You're also a bit of a hypocrite, as if you're opinion is the one that matters and is right and if anyone disagrees, they're attacking you personally. Please stop. That's not how it is. You're coming on too hard. Relax and just share your opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Darn said:

 

That is categorically untrue. Soaps were doing just fine for decades before all the sci fi/supernatural stuff. I don't think I would call any soap story with those elements my favorite, a lot of the time they're very lazily written and are clearly there to fill time or a last ditch effort to attract an audience that would never watch daytime.

YOU think they were doing just fine. That’s only your opinion, not a fact. Soaps in general only became interesting when they added supernatural elements. Before that, they were boring trash where characters just stood around talking. That’s why the best soaps of all time are Passions, Sunset Beach, Port Charles, Dark Shadows, and Days.

2 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

 

I think you need to understand how SON works. We're all passionate and very opinionated here. It's not always a personal attack on someone

Please register in order to view this content
 You're also a bit of a hypocrite, as if you're opinion is the one that matters and is right and if anyone disagrees, they're attacking you personally. Please stop. That's not how it is. You're coming on too hard. Relax and just share your opinion.

 

Eboneece refereed to PC fans (of which I am one) the “lowest common denominator”. That is an insult and there’s no disputing that. Instead of defending the bad guys, defend ME.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didnt mind the telenovela format & some stories were fun but when they had GH characters visit & act different then they were on GH and not mention the PC stuff on GH it was hard. Basically I saw PC as an alt universe to GH during 2001-03

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Marlenaphan said:

 

Are you insulting me? That’s rude. I’ll take the high road though, and won’t stoop to your level. You’ll just be added to my ignore list.

 

Port Charles became a great soap when it embraced the supernatural and sci fi. All soaps are boring unless they have supernatural or sci fi elements. 

Please register in order to view this content

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 9,671

      Guiding Light discussion thread

    2. 483

      Britney Spears Thread

    3. 483

      Britney Spears Thread

    4. 17

      GH May 2021 Discussion

    5. 3,220

      Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy