ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh, how I love seeing Cornelius Smith! I might do the insane and actually watch that movie just because I'll have nothing else to do and I'd like to see CSJ again.

This is more of a "Where were they then?" but Y&R and SuBe's Peter Barton can be seen on the Decades channel week nights after "Dark Shadows" reruns in his short-lived early 80s series "The Powers of Matthew Star." Complete with Louis Gossett Jr. as his guide and a hairdo that resembles the head of a penis, he is in his teen heartthrob glory.

• Members

yeah if by “awesome” you mean appealing to the lowest common denominator. PC was terrific during the HW stint of Karen Harris, Jonathan Estrin, and Barbara Bloom in 2000. It had a real chance at success then, the year before those awful telenovelas.

• Members

Are you insulting me? That’s rude. I’ll take the high road though, and won’t stoop to your level. You’ll just be added to my ignore list.

Please register in order to view this content

Port Charles became a great soap when it embraced the supernatural and sci fi. All soaps are boring unless they have supernatural or sci fi elements. 

• Members

That is categorically untrue. Soaps were doing just fine for decades before all the sci fi/supernatural stuff. I don't think I would call any soap story with those elements my favorite, a lot of the time they're very lazily written and are clearly there to fill time or a last ditch effort to attract an audience that would never watch daytime.

• Members

I think you need to understand how SON works. We're all passionate and very opinionated here. It's not always a personal attack on someone  You're also a bit of a hypocrite, as if you're opinion is the one that matters and is right and if anyone disagrees, they're attacking you personally. Please stop. That's not how it is. You're coming on too hard. Relax and just share your opinion.

• Members

YOU think they were doing just fine. That’s only your opinion, not a fact. Soaps in general only became interesting when they added supernatural elements. Before that, they were boring trash where characters just stood around talking. That’s why the best soaps of all time are Passions, Sunset Beach, Port Charles, Dark Shadows, and Days.

Eboneece refereed to PC fans (of which I am one) the “lowest common denominator”. That is an insult and there’s no disputing that. Instead of defending the bad guys, defend ME.

• Members

I didnt mind the telenovela format & some stories were fun but when they had GH characters visit & act different then they were on GH and not mention the PC stuff on GH it was hard. Basically I saw PC as an alt universe to GH during 2001-03