ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Webmaster

I doubt that thas anything to do with it. With "Blue Bloods" filming in NY and other CBS dramas doing the same, it's just easier to hire a soap actor for a gig rather than a bigger name actor or a no-name. They already have the training to remember a script quicker than you can eat breakfast and they aren't going to fuss around when it takes a week to shoot a scene compared to several episodes in a day.

• Members

The atonement comment was kinda tongue in cheek but I figured that maybe some of the actors from former CBS soaps might already be well known to some of the casting agents for these shows.  In any case, it's fun to see some former soap stars from CBS soaps on The Good Fight, which I'm really enjoying!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The worst was when people were gushing if any generic white straight guy wore some color or wore a dress. I saw someone gushing about how Jared Leto, of all people, had helped "kill" toxic masculinity. 

Pathetic.