Jump to content
Cheap21

Soap Stars - Where are they now?

Recommended Posts

On 4/4/2019 at 7:00 AM, Vee said:

 

I vividly remember Erika talking in the press and on her website/newsletter both pre and post-PP revival about how bored she was being retired, and how she'd tried it after OLTL on ABC ended but decided to give it up, lol. She's just a born worker and she needs the activity. She's got such drive, it inspires and thrills me.

 

It's so great to see her out there. I hope we get to see her in a continuing primetime role soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blue Bloods has had Colleen Zenk on in the past. 

Is CBS trying to atone for canceling two of their most historic soaps?  They seem to hire many former soap actors (Scott Bryce, Martha Byrne, Colleen Zenk to name a few) quite frequently for primetime stints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Blue Bloods has had Colleen Zenk on in the past. 

Is CBS trying to atone for canceling two of their most historic soaps?  They seem to hire many former soap actors (Scott Bryce, Martha Byrne, Colleen Zenk to name a few) quite frequently for primetime stints.

 

I doubt that thas anything to do with it. With "Blue Bloods" filming in NY and other CBS dramas doing the same, it's just easier to hire a soap actor for a gig rather than a bigger name actor or a no-name. They already have the training to remember a script quicker than you can eat breakfast and they aren't going to fuss around when it takes a week to shoot a scene compared to several episodes in a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 4:56 PM, Errol said:

 

I doubt that thas anything to do with it. With "Blue Bloods" filming in NY and other CBS dramas doing the same, it's just easier to hire a soap actor for a gig rather than a bigger name actor or a no-name. They already have the training to remember a script quicker than you can eat breakfast and they aren't going to fuss around when it takes a week to shoot a scene compared to several episodes in a day.

 

The atonement comment was kinda tongue in cheek but I figured that maybe some of the actors from former CBS soaps might already be well known to some of the casting agents for these shows.  In any case, it's fun to see some former soap stars from CBS soaps on The Good Fight, which I'm really enjoying!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of The Good Fight and former CBS soap stars, if anybody's watching, in Season 3, there is an episode with both Mackenzie Mauzy (Phoebe Forrester, B&B) and Marnie Schulenberg (Alison Stewart #4, ATWT) appearing.

 

On 4/20/2019 at 6:51 PM, DramatistDreamer said:

 

The atonement comment was kinda tongue in cheek but I figured that maybe some of the actors from former CBS soaps might already be well known to some of the casting agents for these shows.  In any case, it's fun to see some former soap stars from CBS soaps on The Good Fight, which I'm really enjoying!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maurice Benard (GH) and Eric Nelsen (A.J. Chandler, AMC 2.0) are in the fun-looking horror anthology Nightmare Cinema.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly off topic, but this had to be the worst MET Gala ever - the theme was ‘camp’ but people seem to forget that camp happens naturally and often by accident when someone is trying to be taken seriously.

 

What an awful concept for something like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

Slightly off topic, but this had to be the worst MET Gala ever - the theme was ‘camp’ but people seem to forget that camp happens naturally and often by accident when someone is trying to be taken seriously.

 

What an awful concept for something like this.

 

The worst was when people were gushing if any generic white straight guy wore some color or wore a dress. I saw someone gushing about how Jared Leto, of all people, had helped "kill" toxic masculinity. 

 

Pathetic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BetterForgotten said:

Slightly off topic, but this had to be the worst MET Gala ever - the theme was ‘camp’ but people seem to forget that camp happens naturally and often by accident when someone is trying to be taken seriously.

 

What an awful concept for something like this.

 

Yeah, a lot of people didn't even bother trying to hew to the theme from the pictures that I've seen.  I was just reading about all the people who skipped it this year too, seems like a good decision, tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Several actors from Saturday Night Fever were reunited at Chiller Con in NJ on April 27th. Several of them had memorable soap gigs - namely, Karen Gorney, Donna Pescow and Lisa Peluso. 

karen-lynn-gorney-donna-pescow-martin-shakarpaul-pape-lisa-peluso-and-picture-id1139831810~2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...