Cheap21

Soap Stars - Where are they now?

20 hours ago, Vee said:

Oof, it's another McKenna Grace gig. She's starring in Annabelle Comes Home:

Far be it from me to begrudge anyone's attempts to build a college/trust fund; but seriously, casting directors, there ARE other, talented young actors out there besides McKenna.

Nia is ROCKING that Penny-from-"Good Times" puff.

Edited by Khan

Erika Slezak just keeps holding it down! On top of that Jeff Daniels movie and her spot on The Resident, she's also guesting on Blue Bloods.

Edited by Vee

It's good to see Erika Slezak getting herself out there and proving that her career doesn't have to die with OLTL.

I watched her episode of The Resident and I’ll watch this as well. I don’t follow many soap actors once their soaps go off the air, but there’s something to be said for a woman of her age finding work. That is amazing. There are so many older, talented soap actors who should be included in film and television projects. There’s lots of roles for older actors but they usually go to the same people. I’d love for her to end up getting a surprise movie gig that got award buzz. I know that’s unlikely, but it’s my hope now that there are so many outlets looking for actors. 

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

I don’t follow many soap actors once their soaps go off the air, but there’s something to be said for a woman of her age finding work. That is amazing.

I vividly remember Erika talking in the press and on her website/newsletter both pre and post-PP revival about how bored she was being retired, and how she'd tried it after OLTL on ABC ended but decided to give it up, lol. She's just a born worker and she needs the activity. She's got such drive, it inspires and thrills me.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:00 AM, Vee said:

I vividly remember Erika talking in the press and on her website/newsletter both pre and post-PP revival about how bored she was being retired, and how she'd tried it after OLTL on ABC ended but decided to give it up, lol. She's just a born worker and she needs the activity. She's got such drive, it inspires and thrills me.

This is very good to hear. I love that she keeps going.

Speaking of Slezak, she will be appearing in an upcoming ABC 20/20 documentary on the chilling murder of Rebecca Schaeffer.

Yikes @SFK We literally posted at the same time!:unsure:

And yet more news about our Erika...

She'll be appearing on 20/20 this Friday discussing former OLTL castmate, Rebecca Schaeffer (My Sister Sam) who was killed by a stalker in 1989.

https://michaelfairmantv.com/erika-slezak-to-appear-on-20-20-special-on-oltl-alum-rebecca-schaeffers-murder-that-changed-hollywood/2019/04/07/

Fairman needs to proofread before posting.

The perverse and gleefully pleasurable tone of that promo is why I have not watched 20/20 in many years. 

Anyway, Alexa Havins was on Barry tonight, apparently. 

Matt Bomer, Tuc Watkins, et al. will reprise their roles in a Netflix adaptation of their Broadway production of The Boys in the Band.