Cheap21

Soap Stars - Where are they now?

Billy Magnussen is at Sundance promoting the movie “Velvet Buzzsaw” co-starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Toni Collette, and Rene Russo and directed by Dan Gilroy. He can been seen on the left in this hilarious group interview clip in which Gyllenhaal corrects Gilroy’s mispronunciation of “melancholy.”

Tom Pelphrey has been in a relationship with Jaimie Alexander of Blindspot for a while. I thought they were on the verge of marriage, but Alexander said not just yet on the Today show. But they seem smitten.

Marisa Tomei (Marcy Thompson, ATWT) appeared on this week's PBS Finding Your Roots, where there was a big surprise at the end.  Tomei discovered that she is cousins with another Oscar winning ATWT alum.  Hint: they played close friends when they were both on the show.  

If you still haven't figured it out, the answer is in the As The World Turns thread under Cancelled Soaps.  The connections on this show are absolutely crazy!

3 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Marisa Tomei (Marcy Thompson, ATWT) appeared on this week's PBS Finding Your Roots, where there was a big surprise at the end.  Tomei discovered that she is cousins with another Oscar winning ATWT alum.  Hint: they played close friends when they were both on the show.  

If you still haven't figured it out, the answer is in the As The World Turns thread under Cancelled Soaps.  The connections on this show are absolutely crazy!

Don't just take our word for it, Hillary B(ailey) Smith thinks it's crazy as well! ;)

2 hours ago, Khan said:

Don't just take our word for it, Hillary B(ailey) Smith thinks it's crazy as well! ;)

That was pretty darn funny and cute!:) If ATWT had allowed more fan engagement, maybe they'd have...nevermind.

Someday we're going to have to make a list of all the entanglements among the actors IRL on the show because honestly, I think it's got to be the highest number in all of daytime history.

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and closeup
Rachel Miner

So did that thing I avoided doing for almost 15 years- got new headshots, because starting to admit that kinda, maybe, sometimes I'm an actress. Not sure I'm proud of that, but VERY proud to be an actress on wheels. (Thank you @ItsPaulGregory, you are a gift)

This got posted in the OLTL thread - I posted about it here a while ago. Erika!

This Susan Lucci article caught my eye because my mom also got stents (3 of them) over a year ago. Unlike Susan, she didn't have any pains or symptoms and, in fact, was undergoing stress testing for a potential shoulder arthroscopic surgery when the blockages were discovered. 

https://people.com/health/susan-luccis-emergency-heart-procedure-i-feel-lucky-to-be-alive/

BTW, Susan and Helmut will be married 50 years this year.

51661630_1968818403231003_76016708635276

Always great catching up with my mate Aiden Turner !! It’s always like coming home! Make sure you watch my interview with Aiden on my YouTube channel to see the full interview and find out all about his show on Tyler Perry ‘s  If loving you is wrong__ on Own tv 

Edited by Soapsuds

I have yet to read this but Meg Ryan (Betsy Stewart, ATWT) did an interview with NYT Magazine.