Cheap21

Soap Stars - Where are they now?

50 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

@P.J.

OMG....she is back!  LOLOLOL....Fluffy........LMAO

48414471_356414781756831_534049877407249

She is a new show host on QVC.....LMAO

I had heard something about this. Girl gotta eat. Her days of talking about rabbits are long past....😈😈

Some former soap actors performed voice-overs for the recently released animated film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse, which is gaining critical and box-office acclaim.

Darcy Rose Byrnes (Abby Carlton Newman, Y&R), Chrystee Pharris (Simone Russell Passions, Katie GH)

Edited by DramatistDreamer

A WINTER PRINCESS’
A Hallmark Channel Original Movie World Premiere
Friday, January 18 (8 p.m. ET/PT)
Starring: Natalie Hall, Chris McNally 

When Carly plans Snowden Peak’s Snow Ball with Jesse, their attraction is undeniable. But when Carly’s twin, Prince Gustav, arrives her royal identity is nearly exposed. As Jesse and Carly decide to hold the ball at Summit Lodge, they make the gala a fundraiser to turn the resort into a year-round destination. But without a celebrity draw, investors aren’t interested, and Snowden Peak is put up for sale. Too bad no one knows any royalty who could entice affluent socialites to the gala, which could raise enough money to make Snowden Peak a four-season resort for royalty and commoners alike.

AWinterPrincess-HallmarkB.jpg

It's been brought up here before, but this article is a bit more in-depth with their own discussion of it - Chadwick Boseman and Michael B. Jordan talk about each playing the role of Reggie on AMC, and why Boseman was fired for complaining about the stereotypical elements (which I think many of us, myself included, noted at the time).

While Boseman talked about his experience on the now-defunct soap in a Howard University last May, he and Jordan had never discussed the synchronicity of their daytime-drama days until we brought it up in a recent interview for a cover story in TheWrap’s Oscar magazine.

“This is the first time anyone has ever asked about that!” Jordan said, laughing. “We’ve done this so much, and you’re the guy, you’re the one.”

“I knew it was gonna happen today!” said Boseman, who also broke out laughing as soon as the question was posed.

“You did?” said Jordan. “Oh, man!”

“I was like, ‘There’s no way in the world it’s not happening today.'”

The character they both played, Reggie Montgomery, was a disaffected teen who initially came across as little more than a stereotypical thug. Boseman, who was 26 at the time, was hired to create the part early in a career that also included guest appearances on “Third Watch,” “Law & Order” and “ER” — and he bristled at the stereotypical nature of the part.

After a week on the job, he complained to the producers, who promptly dismissed him and brought in Jordan, then 16, who was coming off 12 episodes of the hugely influential HBO series “The Wire.”

When they stopped laughing about the fact that somebody had brought up “All My Children,” Jordan turned to his “Black Panther” costar. “Hey, you had him first, man,” he said of the part of Reggie Montgomery. “What’s up?”

Boseman laughed. “It’s one of those things where you get a role, and you don’t really know,” he said. “When I got it, I was like, ‘This is not part of my manifesto. This is not part of what I want to do. How can I make it work?’ Because with a soap opera, you don’t know the full scope of what’s gonna happen — you don’t know where they’re gonna take the character, because they don’t always know where the character is going. And because of that, there’s possibly room for me to adjust this and change it and make it so it’s stereotypical on the page but not on the screen.”

He nodded at Jordan. “‘The Wire’ could be viewed as stereotypical on the page, but all TV series that are worth their salt steal a little bit from ‘The Wire’ nowadays. It revolutionized series television. And this was not that.”

Jordan laughed.

“This was not that, God bless ‘em,” Boseman continued. “I remember going home and thinking, ‘Do I say something to them about this? Do I just do it?’ And I couldn’t just do it. I had to voice my opinions and put my stamp on it. And the good thing about it was, it changed it a little bit for him.”

“I was just thinking that as you were talking,” said Jordan.

“It did!” said Boseman. “They said, ‘You are too much trouble,’ but they took my suggestions, or some of them. And for me, honestly, that’s what this is about.”

“That’s awesome to hear,” said Jordan. “It’s so wild to hear you say that. I’m younger than Chad, and I was coming into ‘All My Children’ fresh off ‘The Wire’ — wide open, still learning. I was playing this role not knowing that a lot of the things I was going through were because of what he’d already done for me."

Thanks for that. I've been waiting for them to talk about it.

Chadwick Boseman can pass for 10 years younger now but he could not pass for a teenager then at all.

I remember thinking that then too, because I actually watched the day he aired as Reggie. I was like 'this dude is a teenager??'

IIRC Ellen Bethea (Rachel, OLTL) was also on briefly at the time as a social worker in the story. She would mostly wander around saying things like 'Reggie has a very troubled background.'

Edited by Vee