ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Members

If anyone watches that Canadian comedy Schitt's Creek, they would know that Moira Rose, one of the show's main characters is a former soap star. 

In Season 4, episode 5 (R.I.P. Moira Rose), Moira expresses her concerns over the toll that her mistaken death announcement might have on her friends, admirers and colleagues and as well as having to appear unprepared before a camera crew that spontaneously appeared in front of her residence.  One person that she mentions is Sir Tony Geary. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I attended a conversation with Maupin a bit back where he hinted at some of this casting (well he told us one bit outright and then said we better not repeat it since it wasn't official yet...) but I'm really pleased with everything I've heard about the miniseries so far.  And I'm thrilled that Paul Gross is back as Brian--one of several recasts for the later season where I didn't much like the new actor (I know Gross was busy with his TV work at the time)  Story wise it sounds like it picks up with the 8th book, Mary Ann in Autumn which age wise makes complete sense and casting a young Anna makes me think it'll also use elements from the 9th, final book, The Days of Anna Madrigal which is largely a flashback to her childhood, but I know we're meant to get new stories, etc, along with these.  Maupin isn't writing any of the scripts (which is fine by me--Richard Kramer did the first series script which was great--Maupin did the not as successful later adaptations) but he is mapping out the new storylines and is fully on board.  

It's too bad this means we'll miss some of the bits I liked best in the 4-6 books (I assume some of the Michael Tolliver stuff will be incorporated from the 6th book which is, unlike the soap structure of the others, all his story), but they would have had to have recast all the roles realistically (Maupin did write a script for the fourth book, Babycakes, which was briefly in development at Showtime 15 years back).

• Members

Barbara Crampton is extremely busy in horror films these days, to her credit. I wouldn't blame her for not being interested, though she still speaks very fondly of the soaps. (She is also featured on the latest series of SyFy's excellent horror anthology Channel Zero.)

Edited by Vee