ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've never read the play but I saw the movie - it's beautifully acted and has some gorgeous moments (like the scene where they're dancing to "The Look of Love"), but it's the epitome of self-loathing and unpleasantness (although I think those are eternal in gay men, as much as I'd love to say it's dated now). I could see Tuc Watkins being pretty good in it though. 

• Members

I agree with this. That arrangement of "The Look of Love" is just beautiful, especially over the end credits with the lovely head shots of each cast member. I think, in all of its perceived datedness, it struck a huge chord for a lot of men then and continues to do so for a lot of men now who aren't living in what many believe to be "better" times. Better in some aspects, sure, but to say that some of those stories told during the telephone game sequence are no longer valid is definitely false.

I hate to say it, but I'd be down for an updated take on it.

• Members

If you ever wonder what happened to Shane McDermott (AKA the only Scott on AMC I ever had any interest in):

http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/08/all-my-children-star-shane-mcdermott-arrested-drunk-public/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5063655/Shane-McDermott-arrested-public-intoxication.html

Considering it's been 20 years he doesn't look too bad. 

• Members

Guys, did you watch Justin Hartley (ex-Adam - Y&R, ex-Fox - Passions) on Netflix's Chelsea? He was promoting s2 of This is Us and talked about his then engagement with Chrishell Stause. Chelsea then asked him if he was married before this one, so look at his response and reaction at 2:30 mark:

• Members

Wow, Justin Hartley

Please register in order to view this content

I had never heard that story about Chrishell's (middle) name before.

JH had to know that he'd stir up just a little pot of [!@#$%^&*] with that reaction. It's not like his first wife is a random unknown that many of his fans don't know.

Chelsea Handler is the worst.

Shane McDermott doesn't look that bad, and yeah, it's a mugshot, but he looks old as hell.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

Lindsay Hartley came off as an immature airhead and really difficult on Queens of Drama. There was something about how she interacted with that guy she was dating that seemed like she'd be hell to deal with - really dramatic fights and lots of whining.

I was in The Gap in Vancouver when Justin was filming Smallville and he was with Lindsay and their daughter. They made an attractive couple (he was super tall in comparison to her, and she's tiny)...it's a shame when marriages don't work out, but at the same time...his reaction speaks volumes.