ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

“If you have a loved one,” Alderson urged during his initial treatments, “tell them you love them. If you have a friend, tell them you love them. That is all that matters in life. Trust me.”

• Members

Christine Toy Johnson - who played JFP addition Lisa West, a short-lived love interest for Hank Gannon on OLTL - had a heartbreaking turn as Richard Thomas' spouse on The Americans this season. Like many NY-based dramas the show regularly employs soap talent, and OLTL talent in particular.

• Members

THIS. I had the most massive crush on GT/Adam when I was a kid (I am female), and even I guessed back then that he was gay.

I love the whole interview, how forthright he is. I'm just sad that it is only now, at 72, that he can come out. What's sadder is that he has been wrestling with some kind of internal hatred and discomfort with himself all these years.

Great actor, and Adam along with Alexis was arguably the most compelling character on the show.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I wasn't surprised about him being closeted but was saddened when he spoke of how self-loathing he'd been and in some ways still is. You could tell he probably wasn't expecting to be that honest during the interview. 

I did laugh at Joan Collins telling him he was too old to play her son. I had no idea Adam was supposed to be 25-26. Gordon was a gorgeous man but he did not look 25-26. 

It's nice to hear how close he is to both Stevens.

The stuff about John Forsythe being in love with Linda Evans and channeling it through the characters fascinated me as well (although it's probably a bit of hokum). 

The bit about the reason for the aliens story (which I never understood even though it didn't bother me as much as it did him) cracked me up. A vision, indeed. 

And the bitching about the "reboot" warms my heart. 

Thanks for sharing that. I will enjoy reading Pamela Bellwood's when it's out as I always had a soft spot for poor Claudia.

• Members

Same. I always rooted for the 'outsiders' on Dynasty tbh.

I can def see John Forsythe being quietly in love with Linda Evans but unable to admit it to himself. He was very buttoned up. I also believe GT's comments about Joan Collins' jealousy of Linda Evans.

Sad about his self-loothing as well -- to the point where he cannot allow himself a relationship and now he fears it is too late.

This reboot sounds more like a Revenge wannabe more than anything else. Hearing him decimate it was very satisfying to read.