ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Judith Light just did an episode of American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace in which she played Marilyn Miglin, the real life Home Shopping Network cosmetics and perfume doyenne whose husband, real estate tycoon Lee Miglin, was brutally murdered by Andrew Cunanan. 

She did, as always, an incredible job and if she's eligible for a guest actress Emmy (it being a limited series I'm not sure if she can qualify) the nomination (and perhaps win) is hers for the taking.

• Members

I'm still mad over how Frank Valentini and Ron Carlivati blew a golden opportunity to have JL return to OLTL as Karen Wolek before the show's final episode on ABC.  (Karen Wolek married to Herb Callison.  In what universe, you numb-nuts?)

• Members

Oh I can hardly wait to see that!  I haven't seen Marilyn on TV in years but I certainly remember her well-maintained face pushing her goods when I was a teen.

Please register in order to view this content

I thought it was SO random when her name popped up during the Cunanan/Versace story when Lee was murdered in their Chicago home.  I saw her on HSN/QVC (?) not long after that and the hosts and callers were offering their condolences.

Tom Wiggin will be appearing in The Great Society at Arena Stage in D.C.

http://www.arenastage.org/shows-tickets/the-season/productions/the-great-society/

• Members

Marilyn is celebrating 25 years on HSN this year - that Pheremone perfume of hers is the stuff of TV shopping legend. And she keeps making new fragrances and is 78 or so years old. 

I’m sure watching this series would be torture for Marilyn but Judith’s performance was very sympathetic to her but didn’t compromise Marilyn’s strength. She is a very tough woman. 

• Members

Sad Y&R news (I don't recall hearing about this and I don't think it was posted here):

Jay Bontatibus, Tony Viscardi #2 on the show, passed away about a year ago, aged 52, from cancer. The article (and many other places) incorrectly list him as having joined Y&R in 1998. 

What a shame.

• Members

@YRBB I think someone may have posted this last year either in the Status Updates or in the Old Y&R thread.  I remember it being mentioned somewhere.

Director Kasi Lemmons (Nella Franklin #3, ATWT) has been writing the libretto for a jazz opera based on Fire Shut Up In My Bones the memoir of NYT columnist and political commentator Charles Blow.

Edited by DramatistDreamer