Sherlock

Juliajms

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Benedict Cumberbatch plays Sherlock. He's a friend of a friend I have in the UK.

I've seen both series 1 and 2. It's amazingly consistent and updated.

For Americans, I believe the second series will be screened on selected PBS stations part of the Masterpiece anthology in the spring. Though, since each series is three episodes, you can find them online easily (as Julia has pointed out).

• Members

I love Sherlock. I agree that Benedict Cumberbatch is good in the role, but I like Martin Freeman's Watson more. I think the casting is good all around with Mycroft and Lestrade. I do think that they can do more with Rupert Graves as Lestrade. The writing is superior also. We need a thread on Luther for series three.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

Reviving this old thread. Does no one watch this anymore? I only recently began and just finished the Reichenbach Falls episode, and I must say, to borrow a british term, it's bloody brilliant. I love the entire cast and the actor who plays Moriarty is great. They all are I guess, even Mrs Hudson. I guess my favorite episode so far was The Hounds of Baserville episode because there were truly creepy moments in it. And I loved Irene Adler.

• Members

I have watched some of this recently and I have to admit that Benedict Cumberbatch is pretty good in the role. Everything I've seen of him outside of the show has put me off, especially when he goes on TV and they have him read R. Kelly lyrics and this awful man is legitimized because LOL a British actor is reading his lyrics. He's very good here though. And wow does he have a deep voice.

I'm more mixed on Martin Freeman, who is good, but not quite Watson for me.

Mrs. Hudson is a little too much of a caricature.

Always nice to see Rupert Graves, perpetually gorgeous and talented man that he is.

I enjoy Mark Gatiss as Mycroft.

The show seemed to have huge changes in tone for the third season, I guess because of the increased popularity of the actors, or because of the show wanting to pander to their fanbase.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Season 3 comes to Netflix on Monday and will include bonus making-of specials for each episode, as well as a behind-the-scenes feature that looks at the making of the whole series. Cool!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/31/sherlock-season-3-specials-streaming-netflix/

In the meantime, I finished season 1. Episode 3 was a bit of a bore for me but, damn, that was a great cliffhanger they left it on.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Probably around the same time.   The producer said he had received a bunch of comments that Holmes relied on his cell phone too much, so they did this one classic Holmes story to prove to everybody they could do it.   Then the regular show goes back into production soon but that means nothing else til 2017 I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived