Four OLTL actors heading to GH

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's more. Sounds like a huge (temporary) crossover stunt.

I gave a complete description several pages back rewound my DVR several times to type exactly what it said the promo I saw at about 9:58 this morning after OLTL ended it said "Coming this Febuary to General Hospital Just when you thought is was over John McBain & the Mannings leave Landview & head to Port Charles and when their worlds collide anything came happen"

*I just went & watched it again**

They show clips of Starr Todd Blair Carly Jason Sonny Sam

• Members

if this is anything like the AW/ATWT crossover, I'll pass! ATWT, that damn show, killed my Jake and Vicky! I like to pretend they never left Bay City and are still happy there.

It might be the only good thing that GH will have Valenti/Carlivati as to at least treat the characters better than former GH staff.

• Members

If its short term to wrap-up the OLTL major cliffhangers, I am pro-. That would be so respectful to the ABC daytime fans.

Longer-term, ala the ATWT/AW merger, would be tough for me to support. OLTL and GH are different shows. GH has a rich history and roster of characters they are already not using. Clouding the current world with more foreign characters would be unfair.

I would love for an AMC mention in passing the next time Skye is back in Port Charles (hopefully she gets one more appearance before their cancellation), where she can resolve what happened at Chandler Mansion with JR shot his gun.

• Members

As much as I think GH fans feels it screws them , this is a smart idea IMO moreso than the failed nostalgiafest at DOOL and the stunt casting at Y&R. OLTL is going out on a high so they bring on a few OLTL characters to wrap up cliffhangers and draw in some maybe new viewers. Aside from Me/McBain, I don't see Todd, Blair or Starr staying around longterm unless there is some kind of exodus at GH of the airhogs.

• Members

It'll be interesting to see (actually read) how this is going to work out. It seems like a lot of people hate GH or at the very least have given up on it but I can't see how turning GH into the host for OLTL to feed on will work although I guess they've got nothing to lose ratings wise. Of course once the cancellation notice comes down it'll turn into a circus of hate and blame but that's going to happen regardless.

• Members

"We have a very exciting story planned for the citizens of Port Charles, with Sonny Corinthos at the center of it! I am confident viewers and fans alike will be excited for the arrival of John (Easton), Starr (Alderson), Blair (DePaiva) and Todd (Howarth)," says Valentini in a statement. "Incorporating characters from 'One Life to Live' continue the legacy of the show as we weave them into 'General Hospital.'"

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/2012/01/the-mannings-mcbain-move-to-po.html

Archived