GL on DVD!

MissLlanviewPA

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes! I'm ready for details! Also, there is a company in Germany releasing B&B from the beginning. So far they've released the first 50 episodes in two sets, with a third coming next month. A poster on another board I frequent said he emailed them about future releases of B&B and they mentioned they'll also be releasing GL from 1979 soon. That's exciting since that company seems to be releasing consecutive episodes, so it'll be nice to compliment what gets released in the US. I'd definitely consider buying them although they'll probably be more expensive. Hopefully they release ATWT as well.

• Members

I hope its not "just," Gus and Harley on the cover??? Didn't HATE them until someone got it in their head that they were the new Jeva and they and the Coopers ate the show alive. But by that time Ehlers had become rather pinched and harsh in her acting so that might have added to it.

Can't wait to see my faves...Bert, Roger and Holly, Reva, pre ressurection. GL was such a kind of messy, weird show in comparison to ATWT, but it had a big heart and a personality all its own, (until Conboy and Weston and Wheeler and Kreizman. )

• Members

Here's a link to one of their B&B sets. I believe it's set to whatever region Germany uses, but it's well worth the $20 for a region free DVD player if I have another source to buy my soap DVDs in an official capacity. We have a better chance of them releasing Santa Barbara and other rare soaps than in the US.

I kinda agree, but you know how successful AMC and OLTL would be and then they'd forget about the older PGP soaps like Texas, SFT and AW. I do hope somebody picks up ABC soaps though. Hopefully somebody as passionate as the Soap Classics people.

• Members

Slightly off topic, do you own a region free DVD player? If so, what are the thoughts on your model. I've been considering buying one, but have heard mixed reviews about how well they work. Considering my own mixed history with region 1 (or whatever region the US is in) players, I've been a bit hestitant.

I'm glad to hear "Guiding Light" will be released so soon. I'm curious to see what is on this set.

Archived