'Fresh Prince' feud: Aunt Viv slams Will Smith

Soapsuds

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is nothing new. There's always been beef between the two. I only wish she had gotten over it by now

thats true. People DID notice and didnt like the replacement. Ultimately it didnt matter bc she wasnt the star, but for what its worth, I preferred the original Vivian. The second one was too bland and vanilla and didnt seem to have much personality

• Members

From an old Jet article I read, Will basically said that she wanted to be the star and felt entitled because she had been in the business longer. She's just a difficult person to work with, you've barely seen her anywhere since Fresh Prince of Bel Air and that's likely her own fault.

The writers really watered down the character when Daphne Maxwell Reid was brought in, but if there was a reunion, her appearance would be fine.

• Members

Essentially what the

What I've read is that she caused a lot of tension on the set and was going off on people, so they wanted to reduce her episodes for the fourth season, but she declined and they let her go. Alfonso Ribeiro flat out called her crazy, so I'm assuming she was really flipping out on set.

Archived