OLTL: SoapNET Marathon On New Years Day

• Members

I'm shocked! for years i've been putting down Soapnet for not giving us good OLTL history episodes. they are always doing AMC and GH special days where they look back on a character like Tad martin or Sonny Corrinthos. They haven't done real old OLTL episodes since back when they used to do wedding marathon's in June, back probably 10 years ago. It's just made my christmas. I will also be DVR's them because i'll probably be working on New Years Days. I'm looking foward to the argintina one, Clint and Ginny's wedding, Viki walking in on Joey and Dorian and Natalie showing up at Asa's funeral in the red dress. those are my top fave's. and Bo and Nora's second wedding with David wasn't too bad either...just not vintage.

Although i just went to the site and it said it was also arinng a "the Chew's countdown to Christmas marathon." I guess i didn't misjudge Soapnet too much. The network still sucks! it just happens to have a real good day January 1st.

Daytime to Remember was only half hour episodes because it was inbetween The City and Port Charles. and yes they probably did edit them because they needed time for Reba to talk too when she was introducing all the episodes and talking after the comercial breaks.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Awww I wish I could see these. Kinda disappointed about the early ones--We've seen the Courtoom episode a few times (Saytime to Remember, Marathons) bu of ocurse it's essentia, we also saw the waterfall--though not Old West. I would have liked some more between that time, but...

Megan's Death also has shown a few times but I love it. Overall though not a bad selection.

\

Grr I wish I had access to SoapNet...

• Members

Right and some episodes were aired on 30 mins worth though the Trial was a double episode (so basically the full hour). I always wondered if the truly vintage 1976 episod of Kevin's birth DTR aired in a 30 minute slot was originally from when the show ws 45 mins or still 30 mins--so how much was edited... AAnyone know?

I compared one AMC Daytime to Remember episode (from the 70s) to the same episode from an All About Erica marathon... and it was weird--over the two 30 min slots Daytime to Remember DID still make some edits--but Soapnet when they aired it, while a bit more complete, edited two quick scenes Daytime to Remember didn't--so i assume SoapNet also makes minor edits to fit the modern requirement of commercials on, etc...

Anyone care to DVD them for me? :P

• Members

Yes i know Soapnet edits small scenes but they do show mostly the whole thing. I remember watching Sisters (the early 1990s' drama) from Lifetime way back in the mid 1990's and then when i saw the episodes on soapnet, i saw a little more of them because there seemed to be less comercials and more story. I actually pefered the Soapnet episodes rather than the Lifetime ones. I also looked at Knots Landing first season DVD to the soapnet version and they only cut out very little scenes that didn't really have any significance.

• Members

It didn't have a date (Daytime to Remember only started showing the full date near the end of their run--otherwise Reba just announced the year). Anyone know when Kevin's birthday was meant to be? :P

BKuzak for sure it's better than nothing--and the edits mostly are VERY minor (establishing shots of houses, etc). Maybe a minute or two really. As for Knots and Sisters - those may have been from Syndicated versions anyway which routine cut for more commercial time--I know many fans were upset when certain sitcoms (I believe Roseanne is one, maybe Facts of Life) came to DVD and they used the Syndicated versions which miss one or two minutes--sometimes obvious when a scene starts with the end of a laugh track or with a punchline to a joke you didn't hear...

• Members

SISTERS *needs* to come out on DVD! Or else bring 'em back to rerun land smile.png Loved that show!

I'll be DVRing and I have it on good authority that Santa is bringing me a VCR-to-DVD converter/recorder so I can finally transfer all my saved soap stuff from VHS to DVD plus any stuff that I still have on DVR from this past year (AMC marathon, the awful Daytime Emmys, etc.)

• Members

I know many people who would buy Sisters on DVD. As we know a new one comming out is only bases on how many people buy the one before it. which tells me Desigining Women might never finish their run. After this season five that just came out, they have the Alison year and that sucked. I liked the final year with BJ but god knows when that will come out since i'm sure not many will buy the Alison season when it comes.

I am sadden that Knots Landing never picked up speed with their DVD's. it took forever to get season two and then it just cut out completely. By now they could have at least been half way through...knee deep in 1980's greatnes.

maybe one day they'll do special DVD's for OLTL like they are doing for As The World Turns.

Archived