7th Heaven

JERSoapsFan

• Members

I am beside myself right now because I can't get over just HOW GREAT tonight's episode of 7th Heaven was. It just proved that 7th Heaven has still got it!

For those of you who didn't know--and missed out on some damn good television--the central storyline involved tension over racial hate speech that someone graffiti'ed on Martin's SUV. He refused to wash it off because he didn't think he should have to and instead wanted to see the VERMIN who wrote that on his SUV to wash it off. Well, the WHOLE TOWN of Glen Oak was turned upside down by Martin's SUV. And then it was SO great when the vice principal of the school tried to get them to tow the vehicle, because a black guy showed up, saw the writing, explained that it was "personal" to the VP, and drove off. I CRIED at that moment. I couldn't help it. And the rest of the show, too...and the twist with Alex's father dying in Hurricane Katrina and that's why he wanted to carry on the MLK "dream..."

I'm about to cry again!! Did anyone else watch?

:)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought it was a very well written episode as well. I really enjoyed Eric's speech to the congregation at the end of episode and then when each of the students in Ruthie's class stated who they did their reports on made an impact on me.

• Members

:lol: I actually like that stuck-up !@#$%^&*] Rose. I think she's a refreshing character because she's not religious and that changes the dynamic between the Camdens. It's a good move, imo. But yeah, who cares about how boy-crazy Ruthie is? Although the Cambell's soup fiasco was a ball.

• Members

Yeah, actually!

As a "Rosmon" fan I was SO happy to see the show might let simon and rose be together after all, despite this odd coupling that EVERY other Camden hates. :lol: I really like Rose and I like that she's selfish and keeps Simon on his toes. It just means she's self-involved and needs to work on that, not that they wouldn't have a happy marriage.

So, yay!!

And Martin and Sandy? So cute!!

Gotta add: I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED that we get a Simon/Rose wedding in May, probably just in time for the series finale!!#$@#$@#

• Members

Honestly? I think it was okay but it was a bit of a let-down from the last two weeks. That was probably because the whole episode really was devoted to the Ruthie character. And I get that they're trying to give each character their time to shine before the Grand Finale, but her crying over Martin every five minutes when we have never seen her cry over him before (at least to my knowledge) kind of made this standalone episode annoying. And Martin and Sandy were just coming to terms with their new son last week and now we hear they're already close enough to make marriage plans? :lol: And what was up with that music teacher? And what was up with the FADEOUT? Did Ruthie fall in love with the music teacher?! That part was really confusing, when it showed her fantasizing about the two of them, with no one else in the room! :o And then the secret about her friend...TOTALLY saw that she was homeless. That was one of those things you spot from a mile away...and why throw in the HUGE secret that her family can't read? Um, that might have shocked me BEFORE Mama Harper's friend first bowled me over with such a revelation on "Mama's Family." Besides, we never even MET her family, so why do we care they can't read? Oh, and while we're ranting, what the HECK was up with Rose singing "Embraceable you" to Simon? Granted, it's nice to know she can sing but damn, a few bars was enough. After that, it just sounded hokey!

I really did enjoy the episode, for the most part, but sadly, it just was one of those 7th Heavens that was WAY too preachy (about the abolishment of the music program in public schools) and WAY too cute to make sense (again, did Ruthie have the hots for her music teacher?!!!) Damn, the way they promoted it "Ruthie's Secret" that ties to another girl, I thought SURE she would come out as a lesbian or something, lol. But her secret was that she's crying over Martin and it's causing her agony. BIG FREAKING WHOOP. Now, okay, it's sometimes nice when shows focus on the simpler things of life, but maybe my status as a soap fan who expects HUGE events clouded my judgment on this one...but still!

Someone please help me analyze tonight's episode! It really confused me!

Archived