ATWT: P&G to release ATWT DVD Collection

dragonflies

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have mixed feelings. I think it's great to be getting this, because I truly never thought P&G would get off their asses and do anything with their library. And at $20 for 20 (16?) full eppys, it's reasonably priced. I mean, I know you can catch all those weddings on youtube, but there ain't nothing like a full on screen to see Kim's awesome doily headgear. (Not to mention the Carjacker in me LOVES getting a permanent copy of the Montana wedding.) "Hello, Barbara" and what I assume is John humiliating Lisa are priceless.

What I'm a little less thrilled about is the thought of only getting more boxed sets of random episodes.

• Members

That's a little unfair to imply that every episode is available. I know that was just a little blurb from WLS and it means no harm, but fans who don't know better will be shocked to realize most of the '50s and '60s and '70s are gone.

I'd definitely pay to see ATWT and GL streaming from 1979 and into the '80s. It would be fascinating to get to see the day to day of Marland's GL, and to see all the changes ATWT went through in those years. I would enjoy seeing Ellen Stewart getting her moment in the sun.

• Members

I guess I understand starting off with a "best of" collection, even if some of the choices really leave me scratching my head (*eyeroll* to Luke's coming out and the boring and useless Snyder Family Xmas from '09. It's not a complete Snyder Xmas, it's Holden and TheLastLily's brood...) they want to appeal to the broadest possible cross section of fans.

And "Divas on a Bus"??? WTF??? It's a travesty. TRAVESTY.

I guess I just don't trust the producers to stick with it.

• Members

Maybe they put a couple newer episodes in the set on purpose so people who only became familiar with ATWT later would not be completely confused. The price is low enough for me to get it. The streaming issue, it really depends on what they decide to post. I have little interest to see anything recent.

Archived