AMC: Emmy Pre-Nominations

Jonathan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks!

I TOTALLY remember that now. I don't know how I could forget.

I don't know how she could choose just 2 minutes, though!! It's all so good! She HAS to include the part about Mona though. That gave me goosebumps.

Kendall was being a bitch though in the beginning.

• Members

I hope La Lucci realizes that this episode aired early this year (the first episode of the year) because I remember that the schedule got pushed back a day at the tail end of 2010. She might think that this episode is not in the eligibility period, when in fact it is.

• Members

The Erica centric episode is great and has emmy bait written allover it but I preferred the subtle stuff she did with the Jane storyline but then again subtle doesn't win you emmys.

I think Darnell, Susan, Debbie, Jacob and Melissa are the only ones that could/should get a nomination. I can't recall Cady, MEK, VI or CS having any true emmy worthy scenes this year like the others had.

I want Jacob to win so bad because I truly think he deserves it this year.

• Members

It will depend entirely on the competition with Jacob. I definitely think he deserves a nomination in the field but at the same time I think Supporting Actor has the capacity to be one of the hardest categories this year. He could have a very difficult time going up against OLTL's two Todd story performances with the likes of Trevor St. John and Roger Howarth the critical hit storyline this year with the soap press. He also has to deal with Jonathan Jackson emmy bait stuff with his drug relapse, he also has the advantage of winning last year. I wouldn't count out Billy Miller - a Y&R darling, who won two years ago and apparently has material with his daughter having cancer and the disintegration of his marriage. All these stories thrill the emmy voters come time to cast the ballot. At the very least he is AMC's front (and likely only) runner in the category so he won't have to worry about splitting votes with another AMC-er assuming MEK doesn't get a nom. I don't keep tabs on B&B and see less and less of Days the past few years so I have no clue how their rosters are looking but I think that's a solid list of actors right there across four soaps. At the same time though Jacob could get support from both AMC and B&B voters (if no one from B&B is nominated) and that could seal him a win. I think this is the best year for him to win his second emmy, if he will win another one it's likely to be this upcoming one he is pre-eligible for.

• Members

I agree, especially with Darnell, Susan, Debbie and Jacob.

Jane story, subtle?

I'm crossing my fingers Lucci put 1/3 in. Perfect episode. She got to play mother. She got to play daughter. She got to play weak. She got to play strong. And she did it all brilliantly.

"Inspirational icon" always makes me laugh though, but oh so Erica.

The 2 minute thing confuses me because last year didn't all the final nominees for each show get viewed by the panels and the winner was chosen from that voting? I'm pretty sure that's what happened. I don't think the shows would do two minutes to choose their own pre-noms. If they added back a viewing for the final nominees that seems cool. You get time to rethink your episode and it's less stress on panels.

• Members

Touchè.

The storyline was anything but subtle but I adored SL's comic timing and the subtle things she did playing Jane pretending to play Erica.

Trevor and Roger are leading. Trevor impressed me, Roger not so much but I doubt Trevor would get nominated because I can't recall if he doesn't want to submit or no one wants to vote for him. A shame because he made me a fan with his work.

I can't stand Chompers but I'm sure he would get a nomination just for farting, same goes for Jonathan Jackson and his constant crying.

All in all, thus far I'd say JY is the one to beat in that category.

• Members

What would Trevor get nom'd for, looking bored all the time? wink.png

I think MCE has the best chance of any. I just can't believe Alicia didn't get a nom, and blah, blah to anyone who wants to say she sucks, I don't give two craps, she did amazing work when Kendall was grieving Zach.

Hopefully it wasn't acting opposite a block of wood that dragged her chances down

• Members

If AM put herself in lead again I can clearly see why she didn't get the official pre-nom. I think she's great but even if Susan Lucci didn't have that episode, it's the last year on daytime TV and she deserved the slot more than anybody else on the show. All the better that she did have the Emmy bait episode that she performed extremely well in. Debbi Morgan has a half dozen episodes that have Emmy bait written on them. Alicia got a nice lead nom when she was popping out those initially Emmy bait episodes for her work in 2010.

Watching the Erica scene again last night it brought me back when I was returning to AMC in 2002. I wasn't back full-time until the fall. One day, I was surfing over and there was Erica and Kendall and I thought fabulous because I've always been a fan of their dynamic. Unfortunately it was an Emmy bait episode for Lucci that Lucci was absolutely failing at. They were at a Valley Inn room with Chris and Ryan and Erica was absolutely hysterical for some reason. She was completely OTT and high-pitched. Re-watching these 1/3 scenes she's initially a little high-pitched but the last half of the segment is what really makes it all work, the Mona part and the protective part. Erica in all her shallow, loud Erica Kane glory, then Erica in all her quieter and strong vulnerable, mother bear glory.

• Members

I can't imagine why OLTL wouldn't want to maximize their chances at a win by giving one a leading nomination and another a supporting one. Especially when they are wide open for it. That would just be bad emmy politics. Both Roger and Trevor have strong chances at wins I would imagine with this Two Todd story and putting them both against each other in the same category (especially a hard category to crack like LA) where they are bound to cannibalize each other's votes just seems out and out foolish. As to Trevor he has in the past had a hard time getting pre-noms but considering that video put together for his goodbye scenes I think he is valued by the cast and crew and he was given a pre-nom for his work in 2006/2007. OLTL does know what the Two Todd storyline has given them and are aware of Trevor's work, so I don't think he will be completely shunned. I see no reason why Trevor wouldn't get a nom for what critics are hailing as one of his best storylines. But maybe I'm wrong.

I don't think it's all wrapped up for JY at all. But JMO. I'll see how his category fares over the next few months. The Emmy's love rewarding selective winners repeatedly. So for that reason alone I think JJ and BM maybe stiff competition if they are nominated. I definitely do think JY will get a nomination though.

Yes. That's it. It's Jordi's fault Alicia didn't get a prenom. wink.png

• Members

Roger has a better history with lead though. I believe he got two nominations in the field for his work on ATWT. Trevor himself has never had a nomination. Roger has had 5 or 6, he would be able to secure a nomination in lead more readily. Trevor himself would fare better in supporting. LA is an old boys club.

Archived