The Chew: Discussion Thread

Llantano Incorporated

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's fair to say that some of the people watching The Chew were AMC fans looking for the resolution of Friday. We'll see what happens in a few weeks. That said, I know Symon has been promoting the hell out of The Chew and his fans tuned in to support him. I assume the same is true for other chef fans and foodies. Like it or not, food shows are popular. There's a bunch of new food shows every season while there's one less soap every year.

I was home sick today so I watched a little bit of The Chew. I liked a couple of the recipes. I watched ten minutes then turned back to an episode of L&O: CI. That doesn't change the fact that I miss my Hubbards.

• Members

It was trending on Twitter yesterday but when I clicked on it, I didn't see a positive comment the comments were extremely negative and they were not from jilted AMC fans either. Though I have to laugh when people come up with a conspiracy that ABC is lying about the numbers, that is giving WAY to much credit to ABC.

• Members

This is so true, but such a statement cuts both ways. It is obnoxious how Frons and his bosses are gloating about the huge success of The Chew after just one episode. However, it is equally as wrong for disgruntled AMC fans to trash the The Chew (as a piece of $hit that is going to fail) after just one show. (Though I admit I am a hypocrite on this matter because this is exactly how I felt after watching the first episode of Passions. Yet, just because I am a hypocrite does not mean I am wrong on this.) Even worse, it seems as if most soap fans (and not just AMC fans) have been trashing The Chew even before the first episode aired. (And this was never the case on how I regarded Passions prior to its premiere.)

And while the first episode of The Chew had many flaws (from an objective standpoint), it is far from the worst television show ever. Just off the top of my head, I can easily name ten television shows (listed in alphabetical order) that are far worse than the first episode of The Chew:

Baby Bob

Barney and Friends

Countdown with Keith Olbermann

Joey

Manimal

Passions

Port Charles

Saved by the Bell: The New Class

Teletubbies

Yo Gabba Gabba!

Archived