'Y&R' Actress Renews Contract

• Members

Is it just me or does the Y&R business side (or maybe that's Sony) come across like a bunch of cold-hearted SOBs? It seems like Y&R (or Sony) keeps the business side very separate from the creative side (ie, producers and writers) and does what it wants, sometimes without talking to the producers/writers first. Didn't they fire Melody once before without even speaking to the producers, then hire her right back after the producers went to bat for her, or was that someone else?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Saw this at DC, I wonder if this is referring to Genie Francis?

Kiddies, yours truly is hearing a leading soap star may jump ship (or be pushed off the deck) from their current show and head home to their sudsy origins. Reception for this soap icon has been downright frosty at the soap he or she is currently appearing on. Word is the thesp in question is already in talks with his or her former soap hub, which has been thinking of the actor since a recent reshuffling of the deck. Stay tuned...

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2011/09/15/blind-item-which-soap-superstar-is-about-to-do-a-soap-hop-0

• Members

This same rag reported MTS was gone for good not to long ago. Now they are reporting they are letting more actors go. At the end of both articles there was a statement saying that Y&R does not comment on actors contracts. I won't believe these actors have been let go until the show verifies it....... not just what some insider is claiming. I never believed MTS was not coming back.

Archived