GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was watching YouTube's of Robert and Katherine..probably near the end of their relationship.  She fit in well with Sean, Tiff, and Anna.  However, you could tell the actress was playing up the insecurity her character felt about her relationship with Robert.  Oddly, I thought her and Anna fit better as friends then either did with Robert.  It made perfect sense that the two broke up because Katherine would always feel doubt about Roberts love for her.  It is telling that within six to eight months after the break up scenes between Robert and Katherine that he and Anna remarried.

My late mom watched in the 80s...and she was team Holly...but she loved Anna with Duke.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Apparently she still has a site (not sure how old it is). The FAQ includes a question asking if she still makes the same product she made in the infomercials, which cracks me up. I wonder if she and Cher ever speak as Cher felt those damaged her career a great deal (I'm not sure what she expected - maybe she didn't realize just how much infomercials were run into the ground, especially in the '90s). 

I didn't realize that Larry Hagman and Ted Danson were in them too (they are in another one of her infomercials). I always thought they both wore rugs by this point.

All those were wiped from YT for several years but they are back now for some reason. 

I didn't realize that Georgianne was even spoofed on SNL (mostly by Melanie Hutsell making her usual goofy faces). I guess that's making it...

• Members

How dumb was Cher not to know that she would become an object of derison because of these campy infomercials?

Even if Hagman and Danson wore wigs at that point, I doubt that pesky fact would have stopped them from appearing with Davis. The claims made on infomercials has always been sketchy, and for the actors, money talk$.

I don't know how long these videos will survive on YT. We must enjoy them while we can.

I wish I knew how to down vids from the internet. 

• Members

Thanks, Carl.

On my long-dead computer, I had an easy-to-use program, but I totally forget its name and can't find it again. It had a slate, like they use in movie and TV productions, just before the filming begins, with the numbers 1, 2, 3 on it.

What program did you buy?