GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

To me TB always felt like another character (the same character she's played on most of her shows...). I think that's why people often seem to like her even as they hate Carly in general.

What worked with Carly when Sarah Brown was in the role is that she wasn't written as being justified or right (not until her last year, maybe). She was often supposed to be wrong, it's just the performance that added layers of ambiguity.

When Carly became a moral voice, it made the character irrelevant. I loved when Carly would lash out at characters like Liz back in the day, as I hated Liz, but I knew that wasn't the word of the writing gods. Now, when they have Carly go on about AJ being a drunk loser who deserved to die, or whatever, I know it's supposed to be how we should feel, and it repels me.

• Members

Funny I never liked TB as Carly because she simply didn't seem like Carly to me. I felt the actress was "acting". I believed Sarah Brown was Carly and I agree with the above poster that her character worked because she was NOT the moral voice. She was just one of those characters you hated....but sort of liked. Laura Wright is a decent recast but I still think Sarah Brown's Carly was the best by far.

• Members

Laura Wright plays the Carly that became with TB in the part. She is a competent actress, I enjoy her fine in the part.

But Sarah was so excellent. You could root for her at times, and other times you were against her. But the other characters had a point of view, so people like Bobbie and Robin and Jason and the Quartermaines had valid reasons for being against her.

But once she was paired with Sonny a lot of that went away. It got worse when Riche left and JFP got there.

• Members

Personally I've never been able to take Carly no matter who played her.I loved old school Heather and lucy who were bad girls but I remeber during the baby mickey saga waiting for carly to get her deserts but it never happened.Somehow AJ ended up being the evil one in that whole mess.I'm still bitter about the whole thing.