GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ok, so while slick jones and I compare notes, I wanted to post a "find" I made a couple years ago, that excited me and kind of set my obsession in motion.

On youtube, they have the episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000, that featured brief segments of episodes from early 60's episodes of GH. In one of them Dr. Hardy has a patient, Martha Lyons, the wife of Dr. George Lyons. Anyway, one day, I searched "General Hospital 1960's" on ebay and found this:

"

MarthaLyons2_zps72b8bb1c.jpg

A 1964 ABC Press release photo of actress Lisabeth Hush with caption "joins ABC's General Hospital as a patient" or something like that. So I went back to the MST3 video and lo and behold, it's dear old Martha Lyons with her hiatus hernia and all.

Martha-Lyons_zpscbc370ad.jpg

Doesn't she look positively petrified of the diagnosis.

Edited by depboy

• Members

I know I'm a few months late, but her audition story is so fascinating, it just has to be shared here.

When Kristina first auditioned for the role of Felicia, she was 22, still living in her hometown of Indianapolis, married to her first husband. Gloria Monty had a nationwide search for the role of Felicia, with auditions being held throughout the country in different cities. For Kristina, the closest city for her to audition in was Chicago, which GM was there for, and in the GH coffee table book, she says that Gloria thought she had a terrible resume but she liked her head shot. By the time she got back to Indy, she found out she had a call back the next day, so she drove back to Chicago again for it. In the special GH 50th anniversary magazine SOD did last year, Kristina talked about how when she got the part, she had to adjust to having a new job in a whole new state, a different time zone--her whole life had changed, and ultimately her first marriage ended, but she did meet Jack Wagner because of the show (which worked out, until it didn't, of course).

In any case, this is a woman who has clearly come a long way in 30 years :) .

• Members

Love the magazine cover of the Matheson family. That's their little girl, Michele, who carved out a memorable acting career of her own. She played Angela, the ditzy best friend of the Owens daughter on Mr. Belvedere, the one who always screwed up his name (calling him Mr. Beetlejuice, Mr. Butterfinger, Mr. Butterworth, etc.), and appeared in a more dramatic role as the snobby rich girl who was the arch enemy of Kellie Martin's Becca on the first season of Life Goes On.

That is a fascinating story of how Kristina came to be on GH. Without the show, she wouldn't have had her two sons (and both of those pregnancies were written into the show but Felicia had two daughters instead).

• Members

Milwaukee Journal...May 4, 1976...Actor Stephen Parr takes on role of Dr. Rex Pearson on General Hospital. I believe it is the same Stephen Parr that appeared on AMC in the late 70s early 80s as Rick Kincaed. Pearson was the lead intern when the Webbers were interns in 76. He hit on Monica. Rex Pearson is a character whose actor I've been looking for for many years. Just thought I'd share the info!

• Members

Good find. If it is the same actor he never mentioned GH in interviews during his AMC days.

Must be suffering from what I call 'Mascolo' syndrome, whereby actors conveniently erase that they've done soaps before.

Joe Mascolo always talks about being offered Stefano DiMera and not sure about doing soaps when he's made a movie with Burt Reynolds and never mentions he'd done Days and WTHI in the late 60's/70's.

• Members

There was a picture with the article, and I'm just about positive it's the same actor. I remember Rick slept with so many women, being Benny's best friend and falling for Estelle. I read about the character in the 80s, and I just got lucky punching in the character's name on google news newspaper archive, and the article came up. Just a lucky day I guess...Sometimes I find looking for cast info better than what's actually on the show....especially when a longtime question gets solved!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOj5TtZdAcg

Its an old Rick/Lesley from 1979.

Came across this watching some stuff on youtube.

I didn't know Daniel J. Travanti's Spence had kids, were they ever on the show? Did Lesley ever get pregnant by Rick? Reading the youtube comments, I couldn't tell if she did or it was just fanfic by the posters.

I'm not very tech savvy, or computer literate, so I couldn't post it. If anyone knows how to post it, please help, or is it blocked? Not sure...

Edited by slick jones