GH: Classic Thread

• Members

I've never quite gotten into R&A - I think they just don't mesh well.

I think they may have just liked the actor and wanted to keep him on past the story, but I've gotten the impression that the story was more popular with fans than it was with critics, who hated it. I wonder if for fans it was anything that scandalous.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's generally considered to be a weird or desperate story, but I've heard some fans say they liked it, because of Robin's involvement, and the gap it bridged in Anna mourning for Duke, Robin mourning, etc. I think it's just one of those stories that is so obviously ridiculous it's something easy for critics to point at (like the gorilla on Ryan's Hope).

Edited by CarlD2

• Members
  • Members

All that talk about how the arrival of the Qs / the Rick-Monica-Alan-Lesley quad was the true ratings booster for the show (and not L&L, who'd propelled it further upwards in the path to pop culture relevance) makes me wonder if anyone on YT has the complete Quartermaine story from 1977 (I presume that was the year when they rolled into town/were first introduced) to 2000. Since I hadn't known them at their dysfunctional worst (pre-1990, from what I've heard), I'd like to see how they'd gotten to where they were by the time that I'd met them (1992ish-1993).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Members