• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I wonder if this was her or what. I know Wendy Riche did lobby to get Lucy back around this time. Lynn Herring spoke kindly of her time at DAYS in a podcast interview the other day (she sounds gleeful to be back) but I'd always heard she was miserable and her treatment there infuriated Wayne Northrop.

• Members

Yes, according to Wikipedia she started in August '93, just before Luke and Laura hit. I myself only started watching right around then. Riche was around at least a year prior, first with Norma Monty then a couple others. This is...Bill Levinson?

• Members

Also, note Gerald Anthony as Marco Dane clashing with Lucy in Part 2. Like Todd today, I think he fits well here as an OLTL transplant. I wonder if Linda Gottlieb and Malone ever wanted him back for OLTL, but I half-doubt it. I wonder who came up with that idea to begin with.

It's interesting to note that it looks like Riche inherited Gloria Monty's massive foul-up with the Scorpios, rumored to be what cost Monty her job; she fired Finola Hughes unceremoniously at the end of one day, replaced her with a woman from one of the Friday the 13th sequels to finish out a month of story with Faison and Robert, and by the end of February '92 both Robert and Anna were apparently gone. At that point Wendy Riche had been on the job less than a month, and had to deal with that. Whoof.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Riche phased him out when she had the chance, so I guess it was someone at ABC higher up. Too bad. I can't see Malone knowing how to write that type of character (he would just be in comic relief stories with Alex), but I wish we'd seen Marco one last time.

• Members

No, Riche was there for at least a good year and a half before Labine.

I do remember a TV Guide interview with Riche during the time before Labine came on where she essentially said the 80's were over and GH needed to get back to reality and character-driven stories if it wanted a new lease on life.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner