GH: Classic Thread

• Members

You've probably already seen these but a few months ago someone uploaded some very rarely seen 1977 footage, quite a few clips, which give you some insight into the last days before Monty and then some of her early run. It's your only chance to get to see characters like Terri "Bonnie Franklin hair" Webber. I still wonder why they don't bring her back as a recurring character, to give some continuity or family for Liz and Leatherface.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

GH is one of the first soaps I remember watching since my mother & older sister watched it, must have been the late 60s. Jessie Brewer was the main heroine then, and going through her trials and tribulations with her rotten husband Phil! Also remember Peggy McCay playing an alcoholic nurse named Iris, who had an affair with Lee Baldwin.

• Members

saynotoursoap posted an episode with Iris a few days ago. I posted it in the Video thread, if you haven't seen it yet. Her work in the episode is so incredible - there's a scene where she is hugging him and has her head on his shoulder, and doesn't want to let go, then catches herself, and looks horrified and ashamed.

• Members

So how many actors were fired in the 1975 purge (I think it was 1975)? I know that Sharon DeBord and Lucille Wall were let go, and Augusta Dabney and Peter Hansen. I can't remember the rest. Do you think this was needed or do you think it hurt the show and helped cause a further ratings drop?

Were Lucille's health problems a factor? And, given the serious medical problems Emily McLaughlin had at this time, I wonder how close they were to letting her go.

• Members

Thanks for the clip. Based on that though, the show seemed awful back then. I dont know what the heck was going on but it didnt seem interesting to me.

I did like Ned and Felicia though and wonder why the show never tried them. They could have been an interesting couple

• Members

That was a pretty hit and miss period for GH. The late 80s had some entertainment for all the wrong reasons, but stuff with Colton being brainwashed and Stefano DiMera (aka Domino) was just silly and not even a fun silly. I did like the goofy hospital hostage mini series they had where El President had to have heart surgery and Monica was at the time the world's greatest heart surgeon. The entire staff of GH got taken hostage by political rebels. I don't think there was really a lot of time to do Ned and Felicia. She had Colton and Frisco, he had Monica and Dawn, and I guess the only thing they had in common was Decker Moss.

• Members

But the characters would remain on the canvas together for over 10 years after that (although Ned was recast). I cant even remember them having much of anything to do with each other. Considering their stories started to dry up in the late 90s/early 00s, it probably wouldnt havve been a bad thing to at least test them