GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It’s really interesting to watch 1978 episodes.  It’s compelling, but not quite as slick as Monty would have the show even just a little bit later.  PFS and Monty really made an awesome soap team on GH.  Marland laid the groundwork and then PFS’s team really knocked it out of the park.

• Members

I know Luke Spencer is one of the best and most beloved GH Characters in the history of that damn show.. I actually liked him too most of the time.

But i rewatched some classics and i am quiet shocked.. Luke and Laura were on the run that summer of 1980 and when they returned Luke treated Laura so poorly coz he felt betrayed by her and didn't gave her a 2nd chance there.

I mean that Luke has some nerves. I mean it's not like he raped her and made her life a living hell before they turned into something romantic.. But the minute Laura makes a mistake he is all angry and bitter against her.

I hated Luke during the fall of 1980

• Members

so i watched 198 episodes of GH in german (that's my mother language) where it aired back in the day.. They started in february 1980 and i am on November 24th.

I have two big questions and i don't mean to sound rude or anything but did anyone actually liked Anne Logan back in the day? Like really enjoyed her stint?

I watched 198 Episodes from Episode 4316 to 4513 and have the feeling that her character did nothing for the show. She was so damn annoying with her all mighty morals and whinny behavior... I don't know how the relationship will end with Jeff yet but i will get there soon but i can't wait. I heard he slept with Diana and i am so down for it. He had more chemistry with Diana in their scenes they had then with Anne.

Anne is all tease but nothing much.

And my second question is: What was the intention of Alexandria Quartermaine? Was she introduced to fill Tracy Quartermaines hole? I mean Alexandria feels like a Tracy clone and not really a good one to be honest but i can tolerate her for now. Good thing about it is that we get so see more Edward during those episodes again.

If i were a Luke and Laura shipper i would be damn upset right now. I mean they gave us a whole damn Summer of Luke and Laura just to break them up and letting Luke getting involved with that Alexandria Quartermaine and her ice princess business.. They mentioned the Cassadines already by November 1980.. Interesting.

Edited by AMCOLTLLover