GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The big difference is that they obviously didn’t have an actual story for her when she left this time on vacation except being mom/grandma Laura.  Except for a few instances, Geary was always in story and with pre-taping he wasn’t really gone as noticeably as she is this time.  Only a couple of times did his departure really stick out to me back in the day.

• Members

She was turning 40, her husband turning 50, it was the summer and she wanted to extend her vacation to be gone the same length of time as Tony during the summer.  JFP told her no, that per her contract she had to give them so much notice to take that much time off.  Geary did not have that clause apparently, or if he did they didn’t enforce it with him.  The same contract allowed her to quit at the end of certain cycles.  So she quit.

It is not fair to say she didn’t have perks- Riche moved her scenes up first so she could always be out early once she had kids, which apparently ruffled some feathers.

She said a big part of why she quit was she always strived for parity with Geary.  So they had similar pay, perks, etc.  And then they would do things with her that they never did to him, like the vacation thing.

• Members

Brenda to me never lost an inherent need for love.  She can be selfish, and emotional, and also very loyal and determined.  I think her need for love was there right from the beginning, and was the most important part of her relationships with Julia and Sonny.

One of my favorites earlier scenes that could have been a nothing scene happened in Kelly’s- Rhonda runs in looking for Karen after she realized what Ray had done to her.  And Brenda and Ruby share a look, and you could see Brenda thinking and putting the pieces together.