GH: Classic Thread

• Members

I have never heard of a soap erasing a child from existence and pretending it just didn't happen at all when it was a central plot point for a core character. Even AMC's Bobby Martin wasn't exactly key to the plot. So yeah, no, AFAIC she's stuck with uh... what was his name? Alec! That's it, I literally just had to check. But really, he can grow into a fine character

I think on paper the Balkan story - some of it, anyway - could've worked: A big bad crime family with a few prestige TV/movie actors (Benzali, the legendary Adrienne Barbeau). It was the execution and details with the son, etc. I found silly.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh I don't think GH would ever actually retcon the kid out of existence but I don't think even Brenda fans care that much about him.  Anyhow, he is a character that is ripe to be brought back and it would be fun for Joss to fall for him just for Carly reactions.

I wonder who the Balkan was originally supposed to be.  Did Guza just not have an endgame plan?  I can't imagine Suzanne was always part of that.  I was hoping it would be connected to the Rivera family or even a non-dead Luis or Alcazar connection, but, no, Brenda just managed to piss off another International crime figure. 

• Members

I do not believe any son of Brenda Barrett's would turn out to be rugged hetero and nothing else, let alone hot for the deeply boring Eden McCoy, but that's another story!

I feel like they were waiting for a strong primetime actor and they got one. I have my doubts there was a rewrite on his ID except for some of the baby/Dante stuff, I think it was just a poorly constructed story with parts of it slapped together when Vanessa made them can the Dante angle.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Fair.  I wasn't really thinking of the heat Joss/Alec would generate just the hilarious histrionics LW's Carly would come up with.

I am just not sure the Dante angle would have made it more coherent?  S&B might have broken up, but would it have effected the Balkan's overall plans?  They just had no use for the kid anymore and Brante might have had to go find it together.

They both slept with Kate too.

I actually think they might have been headed toward a S/B/J WTD in 1997 after Brenda slept with Sonny in the caves.  They made a big deal about asking Brenda if she was possibly pregnant at the hospital after that and she flashed back to her and Sonny and stammered around saying she didn't know.  But then MB/VM didn't renew their contracts and it was most likely dropped if it was ever thought of.   It might have been interesting for Brenda to be pregnant with Sonny's baby after he left her at the altar and the repercussions of that, but the show wasn't as baby crazy back then.  

• Members

I don't think the Dante angle was a great idea, but I do think they were forced to re-jigger the entire story around a son from a family we'd never met and tie it all back to an all-new backstory, and that made things even worse for something that was already poorly executed.

• Members

It was just a one night stand with very little impact after Sonny/Carly cheated.  

Sam and Liz  (Lucky, Ric, Jason)

Courtney and Carly (AJ, Jason, Jax)

Olivia and Alexis (Sonny, Julian, Ned)

Those are the ones I could think of that have 3 off the top of my head.  I am sure there are more.

Yeah, I really don't get them bringing in a whole new big bad instead of tying it to an old one.  Or make it the Zaccarra's behind it to destroy Sonny or something.