GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, my feelings for NL's Emily aside, she was a good person, had a good job, was beautiful, came from a good family, they loved each other etc.  I am not sure why the Cassadines would object so violently to her.   Did Helena/Stefan ever explicitly state why they hated her so much?  

• Members

I am not going to deny that almost everything they wrote for Skye felt like they first wrote what they wanted for everybody else and then were like "So we have Skye and <insert other leftover character here> so let's keep them busy together in a C-level story".
But I could watch RC read the phone book so I didn't mind and I still wish she was around.
I will say that it strikes me that a huge chunk of Nina' stories could have been told almost wholesale with Skye instead. Especially since we know from AMC that she and JPS have good chemistry.

But it is what it is. Hope she pops up for a visit some time though.

• Members

I assumed at the time the thing with Emily was more about Helena and Stefan having some control over Nikolas more than her not being from a family “good enough.”  With Emily they had more of an outsider, which does not bode well for the Cassadines.

It was still a stupid storyline.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

Yes!  Everything after Nina's initial story with Franco, Finn, and Ava totally could have been Skye.   I never thought about that, but it would totally work.   I know there is something weird that happened with MB and RC in the past, but they have chemistry as well.

I have to agree she was super irritating, but Nik was no prize himself.  I can see why Helena wouldn't tolerate a woman like that for sure though.  But again, Nik dated Courtney, Nadine, Gia, and Brooklyn, who were all from less than stellar backgrounds.   Maybe not Brooklyn, but he was paying her for companionship, so?

• Members

I thought AT could be very irritating as well.  Overall, I liked her better because AT's Emily was different than the normal cookie cutter heroine NL's Emily became, but some of AT's Emily's brattiness would annoy me.  Especially when she would bash the Q's and eye roll everything her family said and thought Jason was the coolest.  I also thought AT had good chemistry with CB's Zander and I don't think NL really had chemistry with anyone.