GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The reason I liked Jason is the way they played his brain damage back then.  I obviously hated what he did with the Q's and Sonny, but I liked the way SBu played Jason's overall confusion, having a blank slate, some actual mental limitations and the believable coldness of his early personality as Jason M.  My brain always assumed he would get his memories back and at least meld the two personalities, but it is what it is.  

I don't know if I found Carly even quasi-rootable, but I did find her watchable and interesting which is more than I can say for most characters.

• Members

At the time, I thought the Jason Morgan stuff was pretty genius.  Jason Q was boring.  The whole idea was really good EVEN tying him to Sonny and then Robin.  And the silliness of hating his family, Keesha and Brenda.  It put Jason in new group of people like Carly, Sonny, Robin, Brenda, Mike, etc that he normally wouldn't have interacted much with and gave SBu a lot more to work with and he tried back then.

It was a good idea that ostensibly had an ending of sorts, but Guza just gets so happy when things take off that he milks them to the end of time.  I would imagine the set up would have always been Jason getting his memories back and pitting him against AJ in Q family drama for years to come.  I doubt he was meant to be a hired killer 26 years later lol!   I also would venture to guess SBu was very vocal about not going back to Jason Q as well.

• Members

I thought it was a very good twist to change up Jason. But you lost that moral compass for the Q's. Emily was able to pick that up.

Jason should have 'blended' years and years ago. But I know Burton has fought against it. I think that's why I preferred Filler Miller's "Jason" because he wasn't just some bot who forced out a tear and pretended to give a damn about the Q's. Burton does better now, in some ways, less in others (the writing is bad for Jason, IMO - they aren't invested in him despite being on constantly) and he seems to appreciate Leslie Charleson and it shows.

lol great minds think alike

• Members

I don't want to speak for SJB and I can't remember the details but she did say she was dropped from Cold Case and it had to do with Les Moonves and issues with her ex.  I want to say there is a thread archived on here about it.

I think Guza tried a lot more early on to show Jason's "moral" center with his interactions with with Lila and Emily and they would show Jason had some memories with his medical training popping up time to time.  This was also a time where the Q's were wacky and slightly evil and Ned had to fix problems or whatever and really never helped and I think we were supposed to want Jason to hate his family.

It would have been interesting seeing Jason get his memories back and turn his back on Sonny only to be drawn to that life again.  But oh well.  SBu is what he is, but he does humor and comedy well and does have chemistry with most of his love interests, family, friends.  It will always be just a missed opportunity.  

On the other hand, if they never changed Jason at all Steve probably would eventually been recast a bunch of times and ended up more bland like Kevin/Joey on OLTL through the years.

• Members

THIS.

Part of the reason I started to slow watch again was I was reading about the mystery of Nelle and how she had a grudge against Carly and hints kept being dropped around Bobbie (who I love) so yeah...still directing plot to this day. 

Smug Robin may be, but GUUUURRRRL, ROBIN BETTER READ. lol.

I always loved KMc's delivery of 'You're as common as dirt.' The inflection. The hint of bitca peeking through. You could feel their hatred of each other. And see it. Just flawless.